Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Anyone else get Exploit.CVE-2016-3718.gen?

Hello,

Every time I close and then open Explorer.exe, I get a notice from Bitdefender saying that it has detected a threat.

I then click on "View attack timeline" and am shown that there is an exploit of something that has been successfully blocked.

The timeline is as follows:

Operating system executed a process winlogon.exe

winlogon.exe executed explorer.exe

explorer.exe signed by Microsoft Corporation executed 3dbrowser.exe

The file C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Temp\magick-MtWHarig is infected with Exploit.CVE-2016-3718.gen. The threat has been successfully blocked, your device is safe.

I went to that folder and deleted all file names with the name starting with magick and then emptied my Recycle Bin.

3dbrowser.exe is software that allows me to easily view my 3D files.

Why does this happen every time I open explorer.exe and how can I stop it for good?

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

edsager

Answers

• Did you figure this out? I have one that recurs several times a week, but the file is different: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE\GJG2K0CI\aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cua3kzLmNvbS9wZi9yZXNvdXJjZXMvaW1hZ2VzL2xvZ28taWNvbnMva3kzLnN2Zz9kPTIzMg==[1].txt

Thanks.