Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Autofil with Wallet

Options

Having just switched from Kaspersky to Bitdefender I am struggling to find my way around here. I have a problem with autofil when signing into various accounts. I need some accounts, non sensitive, to autofil for convenience but other sensititive accounts NOT to autofil. Bitdefender wallet seems only to have global on or off? Is it not possible in the EDIT of the individual url to select autofil or not?......As a by the way selecting AUTOFIL.....button showing blue flash indicating on.......seems to turn AUTOFIL OFF and visa versa

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @jchurc1 and welcome to the Community!

Please tell us if you are using the Wallet or the Password Manager (i have noticed you have the trial version).

The main difference is the multiplatform password synchronization. Password Manager is a standalone software compatible with Windows, Android, macOS, and iOS, while the Wallet is a password manager module with basic functionality that comes with our paid security solutions Bitdefender Antivirus Plus, Bitdefender Internet Security, Bitdefender Total Security. The Wallet is available only on Windows and does not work on Mac, Android, or iOS devices.

Wallet integrates with the following Windows browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Bitdefender Safepay. Unlike Password Manager, the Wallet does not offer master password recovery options: if you forget your Master Password you lose all your passwords. Wallet functions are limited to autosave & autofill, auto-lock, and a password generator. You can import data from other password management applications only in .db and .csv format.

On the other hand, Bitdefender Password Manager works with Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Safari across Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS. If you forget your master password, you can always reset it and regain access to your data. It has a plethora of bonus features that increase your privacy: autosave & autofill, password generator, password quality check, search & delete password duplicates, (un)hide passwords as you type them, security reports, password leak alert, secure notes, remote logout, biometric unlock on mobile devices. You can import data from other password management applications in multiple formats: csv, json, xml, txt, 1pif, fsk.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• spel
    Options

I'm in the same process of migration from Kaspersky. Guess why ...

I know Password Manager is a 90 day trial version only, that I will have to subscribe to later at $20 for first year. Before populating PM with info, I want to try out Wallet. I cannot find any instruction on how to install Wallet extention on Edge or Chrome, nor on how to use it.

Could help me or supply some links ?

Thanks.

• Hi....I think a lot of people are doing the same. In your dashboard just go to Privacy then Password Manager then Settings. Then you can just create and name your wallet. Unfortunately although its called a password manager its a bit misleading in the true sense of the word at best its a cut down password manager and thats why I think they have created a stand alone one although in my opinion it should be part of the total security package. As i said it is basic and lacks the bells and whistles but it may work for some

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited March 2022
    Options

Hi spel :)

If you have a paid version of a B.D. Security solution, you have the Wallet module as it is not a stand alone app, compared to Password Manager which is.

This information may be helpful, see, B.D. Password Manager Getting started FAQs: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2700/ which is the same information Alexandru posted plus more.

This is a newer addition to the help articles, as some of us were having a hard time, if at all, importing from the Kaspersky export format: https://community.bitdefender.com/en/discussion/90740/how-to-move-your-passwords-from-kaspersky-to-bitdefender-password-manager#latest

The list of supported Wallet browsers. Let alone all the features of Password Manager, it also works with Edge.

Happy reading :) And be sure to post back with any follow up questions.

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/