Fix the restore functionality for quarantined files

Hi,

I'm currently using the trial version of Total Security, and while I like many aspects of the software, the program's inability to restore quarantined files to certain directories like "C:\Program Files" is very annoying.

I never experienced something like this in other AV products.

Thankfully, using Windows 10's compatibilty settings to force "Run program as administrator" for seccenter.exe fixes it, but I'm left wondering whether this is just an oversight or restore functionality is limited by design.
5 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Hello @MarcG and welcome back to the Community!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I find your feedback very interesting and I shall forward the suggestion to the developers for further analysis. We collect such valuable feedback from our users using various channels and send it to the teams in charge of development on a regularly basis. When collecting user feedback in the Community, I have noticed this category is evolving quite nicely and I'm happy to see that our members are constantly engaging in ideation.

Something good will come out of this :)

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• This seems much more than interesting feedback. If BD will move one of my files into quarantine, and is then unable to restore the file back to its proper home, it seems like BD becomes in this scenario a tool for actually breaking my device. Properly restoring quarantined files isn't a nice-to-have feature, it's a requirement, basic table stakes for a security tool.

• Unfortunately, admin privileges is not enough. Bitdefender will not restore it to \Users\x\AppData, or archives that end in gz or 7z and who knows what else. This is a rank amateur oversight and quite surprising.