Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Is the Box2 Dead?

Options

I've been sending emails back and forth with Bitdefender Support on the Box2 for over a week. I've gotten legitimately zero help solving the problem I'm having, and been given bad information 3-4 times so far by the "support" team.

The box2 used to allow you to set custom DNS servers to use, up to 5 for ipv4 and up to 5 for ipv6. Now, it only accepts ipv4 and won't take ipv6 in any format or form.

I've been told (twice) that the box2 doesn't offer ipv6 in dns servers and that the option doesn't exist on the app - obviously false because I had googles ipv6 dns set up until last week when i removed them to move to quad9 for privacy reasons.

I've been told to reset the box because it can't set them up because of a "cloud communication issue", which didn't help after resetting the box and deleting the app from my phone 4 times.

I've been told that the box doesn't accept IPV6 addresses in the format given....ITS AN IPV6 ADDRESS WHAT OTHER FORMAT IS THERE? it either IS or ISN'T ipv6, there's no secret code out there to make them work. It won't even accept the Google ipv6 DNS addresses that were listed and working until last week anymore!

Why am I paying hundreds of dollars a year to use this service and keep this piece of hardware functioning when it can't even be properly configured to protect privacy anymore (ipv6 leaks) and their own "service" team doesn't know how it works or what it offers?

Am I in the wrong here expecting that this device works as advertised and that the IPV6 dns option actually speak ipv6?

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

Hello,

Maybe @Alexandru_BD or @Mike_BD can help you regarding your query.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Goros,

I am sorry to hear of the inconvenience you have encountered.

Kindly be advised that the resolution can only be provided by the Support engineers in the given circumstances. I have pushed your request forward and a Support representative will further respond on the case shortly.

Thank you for your patience and understanding throughout this process.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Goros
    edited March 2022
    Options

I'd really appreciate if the support "engineers" even knew that the Box2 had IPV6 functionality and the ability to address IPV6 DNS servers turned on since 2018 and the support articles they keep linking to and sending me are outdated and were never updated.

I guess I can't understand how a company this big can have people offering "support" for a product they don't even realize got updates/upgrades since it was first released.

When I first got this thing, support "engineers" could dial into the box remotely and force-change settings to enable or fix things that the app was having trouble doing. Now they look up 5 year old support articles and send them to customers like they are ****** not worth their time.

@Alexandru_BD or @Mike_BD any help getting a support tech who can look up the changelog of firmware updates for the box2 and see that ipv6 is a "thing" would be great. The 3-4 people who have responded so far have zero clue.

Ticket # is 1007252474

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @Goros,

I just spoke with one of the Supervisors. The case is being reviewed by the Support Leads and they will respond as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience and please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Damian H.
    Options

I am still having issues with my box as well. I can not change any settings... It says I am not connected to the box network... Support has not helped me. They said a fix will be out, but it has been months.