Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Store credentials for desktop apps

Options
MrCC
MrCC
edited March 2022 in Password Manager

Hi guys,

I've just moved from Kaspersky to Bitdefender and Kaspersky's Password Manager has the ability to store password information for other apps and things that require credentials as well.

I have used this to store credentials for all sorts of apps, from personal apps like Steam, Discord, etc. to work-based apps like SQL Server.

Could the extension be modified to include storage of credentials for normal apps?

Just something that would allow manual entry of these credentials would be extremely useful.

Thanks

Answers

• Mike_BD
    Options

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB

• MrCC
    Options

Hi @Mike_BD,

I have actually taken a look at your guide on how to import Kaspersky Password Manager credentials into Bitdefender, but sadly I have some bad news on this front.

I don't know if Kaspersky has changed it recently or if it was just my version of it, but the format of the textfile export is nothing close to a standardised csv format. Instead, it looks like this (credentials are filtered out):

Website name: Some Website

Website URL: https://www.example.com

Login name: 

Login: AUsername

Password: #####

Comment: 

---

Website name: Another Website

Website URL: google.com

Login name: 

Login: AnotherUsername

Password: #######

Comment: 

---

This is obviously not ideal and I cannot speak for everyone, but I now have to spend quite a bit of time reformatting this into a workable csv file. Luckily I'm a software dev so I'll be spending some time this weekend writing my own little algorithm that'll deal with it 🙂

Anyway, any comment you can give me on my desktop app suggestion?

Thanks

• Mike_BD
    Options

Hm...own algorithm, should it work and help other community members sounds to me like it should be rewarded 😊 . So, please, keep me posted.

Your suggestion is already written down and will be passed to the Product & Dev teams. @Alexandru_BD

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB