Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How can I prevent my kids to by-pass the parental control using a pop-up

I limit my kids screentime using the parental control function in the Totalsecurity package, but the kids have found a way to get their screentime without the app counting the time, they open the app (youtube for example) in a pop-up and then they can watch it as long as they want, same goes for other apps. Has anybody else noticed this, and has anybody found a way to prevent this.

Greetings, W

Answers

• Hello @belgianguy and welcome to the Community!

This sounds like a known issue with the app blocking bypass by using split screen. The developers are working on a fix that will be deployed automatically with the next release. We don't have an ETA yet, but it's work in progress.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Hello Support, please can we have a status on where are we with a fix on this? It's been 2 year.

This is a significant loophole and my kids have found out about it…

Regards

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭

@Herc ,

Welcome to the Bitdefender Forums. I am pinging @Alexandru_BD , the Forum Administrator, to request he provide an update to you. He should be back to work tomorrow.

Thank you, and have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• Hi,

What I can tell you is that further development has been halted for the existing Parental Control feature and a revised, overhauled new version is in the works. As such, this loophole has not been resolved yet, but we are waiting for the upgraded version to bring a few solid improvements over the existing one.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Alex

• Following up on this thread, this just came in:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/99849/