Microsoft Edge Not Blocking Websites

Parental Control website settings seem to be working fine in Chrome but doesn't block any sites in Edge, like its not working at all. Is this a known issue or is there guidance on things to check within Edge to ensure Parental Controls are hooked in?

Comments

• Hello @sjohn777 and welcome to the Community!

Please check if Bitdefender Parental Control is properly installed on the device (see Control Panel > Programs and Features / Uninstall a Program). If it's installed correctly, do the following:

1. Uninstall Parental Control from Control Panel

2. Delete the Parental Profile from Central (Click the 3 vertical dots on the profile, choose Remove and click Yes)

3. Restart the computer and create a new profile.

4. Assign it to your kid's device then select his/her Windows account from the same window. If you want the restrictions to apply to all the Windows accounts from that computer, select All accounts then click Save.

If the issue persists after following the above steps, I would recommend contacting the Technical Support Teams, as more information might be required to troubleshoot this. You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Stay safe.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Hi there, I am having the same issue at my child's computer. All the steps you mentioned are to be done at the child's computer, correct? There is no Parental Control app, but rather Parental Advisor app is what I see. I believe you are saying to remove the Parental Advisor app from the child's computer, restart and re-install the Parental Advisor. Please confirm. Thanks.

• Hi @Macsp,

The steps can be done using Central (using any device), but you will have to uninstall Parental Control from the device itself. Correct, Parental Advisor it is.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user