Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How cancel scheduled custom scan when computer is turned off, prevent to restart in the morning

Options

Cannot select the right category in the dropdown list.

I programmed many custom scans to scan during the night, at 24h00 and 04h00.

But many time, I turn off my PC at night.

So I programmed scans everyday, thinking that it will drop the task and just continue with the next scan the next night.

No, no, no.

It start the scheduled before scan during the day while I'm working.

Is there a way to tell BitDefender to not start and just let go of the delayed scan and continue with the next one ?

Other than me having to cancel the scan.

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

If you turn OFF your PC before the scan starts, the scan will automatically start right after you turn ON your PC. However, the scheduled scan must be performed.

For now, i don't think there is an option for not to start the delayed scan. At least, i couldn't find such an option in the Settings.

Regards.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

You can use the available profiles and enable the Work Profile so that the scans don't run in an undesired interval.

Bitdefender Profiles assign more system resources to the running applications by temporarily modifying protection settings and adjusting system configuration. Consequently, the system impact on your activity is minimized. The Work Profile optimizes your work efficiency by identifying and adjusting the product and system settings.

To manually activate Bitdefender Profiles, follow these steps:

1. Open the main Bitdefender interface.

2. Click on the Utilities icon on the left-side menu.

3. In the Profiles pane, click Settings.

4. Click on the switch next to the profile you wish to activate.

NOTE: Only one profile can be activated at once.

According to your activity, the following product settings are applied when the Work Profile is activated:

• All Bitdefender alerts and pop-ups are disabled.

• Automatic Update is postponed

• Scheduled scans are postponed.

• Search Advisor is disabled.

• Special offers notifications are disabled.

You can also configure the actions taken by Bitdefender while in Work Profile, by following the instructions presented below:

1. Click the icon on the left side bar of the Bitdefender interface.

2. Select the PROFILES tab.

3. Click the CONFIGURE button from the Work Profile area.

4. Choose the system adjustments you would like to be applied by checking one or more of the options displayed in the new window.

If Bitdefender does not automatically enter Work Profile when you launch a certain work app, you can manually add the application to the Applications list:

• Click on the Applications list button.

• Click Add.

• In the new windows, browse to the application’s executable file and select it.

• Click OK to add it to the list.

5. Click Save to close the windows.

I hope the information is helpful.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user