Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Password Manager in Safepay and Autofill

Options
Shilogirl
Shilogirl
edited April 2022 in Password Manager

I just purchased Bitdefender Premium Security and have run into a couple of problems that I have been unable to resolve.

I have imported all my passwords into Password Manager. While working in Chrome, Password Manager works, but when in Safepay, Password Manager does not appear to be an option and I must manually enter my login and password every time. Is there a way to get Password Manager to work in Safepay?  I have both the Password Manager and Wallet extensions enabled in Chrome.

Also, I can not autofill addresses or payment methods unless I disable Password Manager. Do I need to enter all my information (identity, addresses, payment info, etc.) into Wallet manually and save it to be able to use autofill? Or is there a way to import all my information? As stated, I was able to import all my logins and passwords to Password Manager but can not seem to import my address, payment methods, or anything else. Wallet does not appear in the Privacy section of the Bitdefender interface but is available on my Google Chrome toolbar. As a test, I did enter some information into my Wallet and autofill worked for most of it but did not autofill my address even though it is saved in my Wallet.

Thank you.

Best Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Shilogirl and welcome to the Community!

The new standalone Password Manager will not work with Safepay. The previous Wallet is integrated with Safepay. The main difference is the multiplatform password synchronization. Password Manager is a standalone software compatible with Windows, Android, macOS, and iOS, while the Wallet is a password manager module with basic functionality that comes with the paid security solutions Bitdefender Antivirus Plus, Bitdefender Internet Security, Bitdefender Total Security. The Wallet is available only on Windows and does not work on Mac, Android, or iOS devices.

Wallet integrates with the following Windows browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Bitdefender Safepay. Unlike Password Manager, the Wallet does not offer master password recovery options: if you forget your Master Password you lose all your passwords. Wallet functions are limited to autosave & autofill, auto-lock, and a password generator. You can import data from other password management applications only in .db and .csv format.

On the other hand, Bitdefender Password Manager works with Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Safari across Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS. If you forget your master password, you can always reset it and regain access to your data. It has a plethora of bonus features that increase your privacy: autosave & autofill, password generator, password quality check, search & delete password duplicates, (un)hide passwords as you type them, security reports, password leak alert, secure notes, remote logout, biometric unlock on mobile devices. You can import data from other password management applications in multiple formats: csv, json, xml, txt, 1pif, fsk.

In the event you have previously setup Wallet, the settings will not be applied for the Password Manager, due to the different architecture on which they are built.

Since you have purchased the Premium package, you won't be needing the Wallet anymore and you can upgrade to the included Password Manager instead.

If you were previously using the Wallet, after installing Premium Security you should have received the below recommendation to export the passwords stored in your Wallet into a CSV (Comma-Separated Values) file, so you can easily transfer your account credentials into the new and improved Bitdefender Password Manager app:

For detailed steps on how to do this, you may consult the article below:

The Wallet browser extension will be uninstalled during this process.

With Password Manager you can manage passwords, banking and other sensitive information across devices. You can fill the credit cards details for easier and secure shopping. Once saved, credit cards are accessible inside the left menu when using the browser extension:

Let us know if the information was helpful.

Best regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi,

It was my pleasure.

Welcome to Bitdefender in this case, good to have you onboard 🙂

There is a matter of compatibility between the newly launched Password Manager and Safepay. Currently, there are no future plans to develop an integration, as the development teams are focused on new features and improvements for the Password Manager. An alternative to Safepay would be to use the VPN for internet banking. It allows you to connect to the internet by the means of an encrypted and secure tunnel. This way, all your traffic stays private and anonymous. The VPN will keep your personal data private (usernames, passwords, email addresses, credit card information, etc.) and is included by default in your Bitdefender product on Windows, Android, macOS, and iOS. Since you have purchased Premium Security, you will benefit from unlimited traffic and can also connect to any available server. It will not have a virtual keyboard or a Wallet, but it will do the job.

Regards.

Answers

• Shilogirl
    Options

Thank you.

I have now exported my Wallet credentials into Password Manager. I was not using Wallet prior to purchasing Premium Security (this is my first-time using Bitdefender) and was unable to export my credit card information from Google Chrome into Password Manager but I have now entered my credit card information manually into Password Manager. Password Manager and autofill of my address and credit card information now work fine in Google Chrome. Although I must admit it is disappointing that Password Manager won’t work in Safepay and that everything needs to be entered manually.

Thank you for your assistance.

• Shilogirl
    Options

Thank you for your assistance. I will use VPN for my internet banking.

I find it a bit confusing learning new programs but you have helped me understand how Bitdefender works and I now feel more confident using it.

Thank you.

• Justaguy
    Options

Safepay was to be a secure browser that allowed no key stroke monitors and no extensions and monitored the traffic flows. Using a VPN does not protect against these actions. Is Safepay no longer a strategic product that I should expect to be phased out ?

I would like to see Safepay integrated into the windows version of password manager but if the world has moved to IOS/android apps then there is no ROI

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Justaguy

Hello.

Bitdefender's focus now is on Password Manager, not on Wallet and i guess sooner or later they will discontinue the Wallet module and the extension for all browsers.

Regards.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi,

There are no future plans to phase out Safepay. No foreseable plans to integrate the new Password Manager with Safepay either, but I think the two will run together simultaneously for the time being, because this way password protection can be available for all users, regardless if they opt for the included Wallet, or the upgraded standalone Password Manager. We will have to wait and see what the future holds for both.

Regards

• Conny
    Options

Hi, I bought the premium security package and get two funtions - safepay and password manager - both belonging to the same Bitdefender offer, and they do not work together and there are no plans to add this function? How should I as customer understand this planning?

Regards 😕

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Conny,

Good to have you onboard and thank you for choosing us.

The standalone Password Manager service was recently included in the Premium Security package and it's a newly launched product overall, whereas Safepay was there the whole time and no further development was carried out for the secure browser at this stage.

It is important to mention that the two features serve different purposes and their functionality is based on a separate architecture, thus they will work independent of each other. Currently, there are no future plans to develop compatibility between them. However, there is a new interesting feature in the pipeline for the Password Manager, expected to arrive towards the end of this year.

Regards

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    Options

@Alexandru_BD

"However, there is a new interesting feature in the pipeline for the Password Manager, expected to arrive towards the end of this year"

Maybe this? :)

https://community.bitdefender.com/en/discussion/92444/password-manager-in-full-screen-view

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @Scott,

I cannot say for sure, but what I can tell you is that the devs are pushing for the multiple users feature to make it into production by the end of the fourth quarter 😊

Cheers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Alexandru_BD

Good to know that.

But, i'm still waiting for a Bitdefender Password Manager desktop application for Windows to be released, and then i'll migrate from the green K to the red B. Also, an export option to .txt and/or .docx file would be great.

Kind regards. 😊

• I have used LastPass for years and am happy with it except that it doesn't work in Safepay. Wallet is clunky and demands a huge amount of information when all you need is the Used ID and Password.

The solution suggested that VPN could be used instead of SafePay because it is just as secure is plain wrong. It admits that it is not secure against key loggers etc while Safepay protects against them. More to the point, one of my banks senses that a VPN is being used and prevents logging in. However, the Bank doesn't make that obvious and it took several hours on the 'phone to find out. Also, VPN is only secure and encrypted up to the Bitdefender server closest to the Bank you're logging into. From that server to the Bank is over the ordinary internet. Fortunately, reputable web-sites now use https so the traffic is encrypted all the way, anyway.

The only thing Bitdefender Password Manager has going for it is that all data is kept locally and not in the Cloud. That said, when I tried the evaluation version it did not autofill so you had to copy and paste login details.

There is no point in having a highly secure product that is far more difficult to use than the opposition products.

Regards.

• If I am at home, I can manage everything. But: If I am travelling and I am forced to use the password manager, it's horrible. Recent experiance: I'm abroad, want to pay with my credit card and check the pin in the PWmanager. I can not open it. I get crazy massages to create a pin, to confirm the pin, to enter the pin - but nothing happens. When I was back in my hotel, it worked again. Next time the system requires to log in in Bitdefender - I know my master pw for the PWmanager, but not the general pw for bitdefender by heart. And if I want to open the bank information using VPN it does not work, I have to stop it. So I can not use the PWmanager for this and VPN does not work as well.

I don't need a PWmanager for several user. I need a PWmanager I can trust that it works whenever I need it. At the moment I am really thinking about searching for a better solution for a PW manager.

• I find it infuriating that when I switch to Safepay when using a financial webpage I have to try and remember all of my account details and passwords, so much so that I just switch back to the desktop browser

Silly old me expecting that if I spent my money on a programme such a Bitdefender it would do the basic things properly. I feel cheated.

Instead of ensuring that this major failing in Safepay is repaired quickly I see that your techies are far to busy creating some whiz kid feature for Password Manager that will probably turn out to be of interest to a few thousand other nerds

For god sake just get the basic right and fix Safepay so I dont have to do my banking etc unprotected or should I be looking for another software providor that understands the basics.

• I must say this development with the Password Manager not working with the SafePay module is not only infuriating but, it defies any logic. Instead of improving on a good product, you just anihilate one of your most valued modules (Safepay).

Protecting financial transactions should be constantly one of the most important jobs for your product.

Your previous combo Safepay / Wallet was cumbersome and had issues to be addressed but it kind of worked.

Now you breake it and leave us basically exposed to serious threats while doing one of the most sensitive and common tasks on the internet, your product should protect.

What is most infuriating is you saying that you have no plans to fix it. Instead, you propose insecure and problematic alternatives which do not work (VPN does not provide the protection of Safepay and also, VPN is rejected by most banks security systems)

If you maintain this decision you seem to have taken, I will need to move away from your suite and also asl for a full refund for my useless "Premium" suite. As I am sure is the case with many other users.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @stavrosc and thank you for joining the conversation.

More developments are in the pipeline for the Password Manager in 2023 and plans for Safepay integration are being made. The service developers are now fully aware of this fundamental necessity that arose with the launch of the standalone Password Manager, and will continue to streamline the product and expand its capabilities.

I cannot tell when the integration will become available, since this is being worked on in parallel with other improvements which are codependent.

Regards

• petejr
    Options

What were the team thinking - crazy stuff? Maybe it's a very clumsy attempt to get more uptake on the VPN. You better keep Wallet available until this stupidity is sorted or I'm out of here with a refund. No doubt I'll be in the company of many other infuriated clients who have been irresponsibly put in a dangerous position by an organisation that claims it provides security above all else.

• I have to admit I am also rather infuriated by this. How can the wallet be discontinued before a pw manager integration with Safepay is in place? This removes one of the main benefits of your product: secure online banking. Or at the very least makes it impractical to use.

I urge you that this feature is reinstated rapidly otherwise I will have to look for a solution elsewhere.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @BDCustomer,

There is still plenty of time until the Wallet is fully decommissioned later in October this year.

The product teams focused on launching the Shared Plan first, but work has been carried out in parallel to develop an integration with Safepay. By the time Wallet is retired completely, it is expected to have this integration ready. Secure banking can also be achieved using a VPN, as Safepay itself relies on a built-in VPN that secures your confidential data. If you haven't migrated your Wallet data to Password Manager yet, you can still benefit from the Safepay compatibility. Othewise, Safepay also works independently from the Wallet. While browsing in Safepay, you don’t risk being spied on or having your passwords stolen.

I hope the information is helpful.

Regards

• I just added password manger knowing that wallet is soon to be discontinued. Disheartening to learn, like others, that there is no integration with safeplay. This definitely needs to be fixed. Ugh.

• Scott
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hi @Alexandru_BD since Password Manager is now incorporated into Safepay with Build 27.0.20.102 when the trial of PM ends, will they then be directed to purchase PM for that ability to work in Safepay? As of now, it says On, in Safepay, then when you click it, asks you to log in to your Central account, either to enable PM or, would it ask you to buy PM from your Central account if you weren't subscribed? Since I have PM, I'm not sure, I'm just thinking ahead for what others may go through or ask.

Thank you :)

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Hello,

Well, the rule of thumb is that whenever a product is expired, its full functionality is no longer available 😁

A banner will be displayed in the above scenarios with a direct link for purchase, to facilitate the acquisition, in the event the user wishes to continue using the service. If the user is already subscribed, the Password Manager icon will become available in Safepay and the service can be used for the entire duration of the subscription.

I'm not sure if I got this answer right, I may have misinterpreted the question 😅

• Scott
    edited September 2023
    Options

Okay smartAlex..lol. I just haven't kept up with it, and then with build .102 and seeing the PM icon, I just needed to refresh myself as I want to be exact in my information in helping others, as well as on that "other forum". They are very sharp over there :)

So at that point, Safepay will be a hardened environment with VPN and Bookmarks, but you will need to have your passwords in hand, or another device open with the password manager that they may be using.

• 😄😄😄