Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Web protection in Android for in-app browsers

Options

Currently web protection feature in android doesn't work in the in app browsers. Apps like YouTube, Gmail use in app browsers powered by chrome to open links. Bitdefender web protection should work in these conditions, in this in app browser.

Tagged:
0 votes

In Review · Last Updated

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

I moved your topic to product features and ideation.

@Alexandru_BD, @Mike_BD - I guess, our admins can get some information related to this from the developers.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Sohan and thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.

I have noted your suggestion and will pass it to our development teams for further analysis in the next product feedback sprint.

Enjoy your stay in the community!

Best regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Sohan,

Your suggestion is still being reviewed by the development teams. If it's doable, they can move forward with implementation. However, there are specific technical limitations that don't allow us to offer support for any kind of in-app browser.

Thank you once again for your valuable contribution.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Sohan
    Options

@Alexandru_BD

There are other antivirus apps like Sophos whos web protection service works in in-app browsers also. Its working on same Android device, so how is it able to work..

• I was very happy with Sophos for Android. The app is free and detects whether device is rooted and boot loader is locked. It has great real time web protection. My only concern was that it's virus definitions might not be as current as I needed. After using Bit Defender one day I will say that Sophos Interceptor still has a lot to offer.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

While it may be good at checking for rooted device and boot loader but it is very poor at detecting malware when compared to bitdefender. Also when checking for phishing and malicious websites sophos is poor at detecting those also as compared to bitdefender.

Kindly note that not every vendor can detect each and every bit of malware and phishing/malicious websites.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)