Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

ATD Should Have The Function of rollbacking all the changes that malware have made

Options

For a long time, ATD is extremely effective in detecting unknown virus. However, it can only delete the files generated by malicious softwares, but it cannot rollback the changes ( like regedits modification 、startup items add-up and files encrypting) like kaspersky.

I think the ransomware remediation and ATD should merge into an ATD that can rollback changes by malware. Now the two features conflict with each other. When ATD detect a ransomware, but ransomware remediation will do nothing, so the files cannot be restored.

Early this month, I chatted with the customer support ( Ticket Number:  1007474132) regarding an issue about ransomware and get the a reply which extremely astonished me and my friends, who are also users of Bitdefender.

It says. "The results from our colleagues have arrived and after analyzing the situation we came to the conclusion that there is ATD detection (this feature cannot restore files) and this is the reason why there was no Ransomware Remediation detection."

And we think it's a product desgin defect. Isn't it more reasonable that ransomware remedition automatically restore the files changed by the malicious software once it's detected by ATD? Why do the two features conflict with each other now.

In the introduction of ransomware remediation, it says " t works with the Advanced Threat Defense module to protect your most important files from encryption by ransomware". However the truth is the two modules conflict with each other.

Because all of these, I sincerely advise you to emerge the module of ATD and ransomware remediation together to get an enhanced ATD which can rollback changes by malicious behaviors once ADT detects.

The source of the introduction:

Bitdefender Total Security - Anti Malware Software

3 votes

In Review · Last Updated

Comments

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @DengZhihao and thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.

Advanced Threat Defense blocks all sorts of attacks, while Ransomware Remediation only restores. The system damage caused by viruses is repaired after an antivirus full scan. Nevertheless, as discussed privately, I have forwarded your valuable feedback to our malware research teams. I will revert to you as soon as I receive news.

Your contribution is highly appreciated.

Best regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user