Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Subscription Period In Bitdefender Programs

Gjoksi
Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

When i open the Bitdefender Total Security for Windows program and go to "My Account", it says "Expires in: 725 days".

This is kind of non-practical, since i have to calculate the period of 725 days in years. So, i must calculate like this: 1 year has 365 days, 2 years make 730 days, so i have 1 year and 360 days left of my subscription.

And in Bitdefender Mobile Security for Android, under "My Account", it says "725 days left". This is also non-practical for the reasons i already wrote.

But, when i go in my Bitdefender Central account, under "My Subscriptions", i see "This license will end on June 29, 2024".

This is more practical, as i don't have to calculate the left period of my subscription in years and/or days.

This could sound like a bad and/or stupid idea, but my request is in Bitdefender Total Security for Windows and Bitdefender Mobile Security for Android, the period to be showed like it is showed in the Central account, for example: "Subscription ends on June 29, 2024", "Subscription expires on June 29, 2024", "End of subscription: June 29, 2024" or something similar.

What are your thoughts on this?

Regards.

3 votes

In Review · Last Updated

Comments

• I think the validity should be synchronized on all platforms and apps to display the same format for the expiration date.

You have my vote @Gjoksi 😊

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Gjoksi

@Alexandru_BD

I knew i can count on you! 😊

This way we have 3 different terms: Expires in: 725 days, 725 days left and This license will end on June 29, 2024. And that is kinda confusing.

It should be ONE term for ALL devices/platforms.

Anyway, you forgot to write "I'll pass your idea to the dev team.". 😎

Kind regards.

• Ha ha, you already know where it's going. It's being sent straight to the devs on priority mail 😎👉️ 📧

• Gjoksi
  • 😂😂

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited July 2022

lol...wait for it, wait for it.....I kinda like it with the days on the apps. I've been so conditioned for all of these years not only with BD but other, dare I say it, security products. I tend to see days as a countdown to when I'll...lol, it expires, that I would end up going the opposite way in seeing a day/month/year and trying to figure out, "okay, how many days do I have left"? Especially when it's towards the end of the year, but the subscription on the app shows 2-3 months into the next year.

I did PM @Gjoksi at one time that I tend to be a little dyslexic, and pretty bad at math, so the way it is now helps me. Having the day/month/year of the subscription on our Central account is good in that way, and needed. Maybe it is also a way to confirm if the days left on our apps were different than the day/month/year and were off, it could be looked into. For if they were all the same, and something happened, all the dates would be universally off? Maybe I'm overthinking it in that way?

Well, that's all I got :)

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited July 2022

Yeah, it's a strong point and I never questioned this discrepancy before. I'm anxious to find out how it will develop going forward and I really hope we can align this information across the Bitdefender ecosystem (Central, product, mobile apps) as this seems the right thing to do, in my humble opinion.. if not, at least we should be able to find out the reasoning behind it.

It would be cool to have the possibility to adjust the preferences on this one, like we do for miles vs kilometers, to be able to choose between a counter of days and the expiration date 😃

But I guess I'm fantasizing right now, someone pinch me.

Math was never my strongest skill, but I know a very good teacher named @Math_Matei 😜

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited July 2022

Wow, that was fast. My Total Security just updated to the newest build and this was included with it 😅

@Alexandru_BD I had to go out for a bit, and while on my drive, I thought the same thing as you:

"It would be cool to have the possibility to adjust the preferences on this one, like we do for miles vs kilometers, to be able to choose between a counter of days and the expiration date" 😃

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Gjoksi

@Alexandru_BD @Scott

Well, at least we could have the option to choose between different formats or/and terms. 😊

Regards.

• Hello @KelleyBoyd,

Once the subscription expires, the defenses will be deactivated. But you can prevent this from happening either by keeping the automatic renewal feature enabled, or by renewing your protection early. Both options will ensure continuous protection. In regards to password management, there are two solutions: The Wallet and Password Manager. Password Manager is a paid standalone software compatible with Windows, Android, macOS, and iOS, while the Wallet is a password manager module with basic functionality that comes with our paid security solutions Bitdefender Antivirus Plus, Bitdefender Internet Security, Bitdefender Total Security. The Wallet is available only on Windows and does not work on Mac, Android, or iOS devices.

But the Password Manager is also included in two security suites, Premium Security and Ultimate Security.

You can find out more information regarding the two password managers and the differences between them by accessing the following link:

As the Bitdefender products are subscription based, either a subscription or license are required, to keep your defenses and password managers active. Once the product expires, the protection is not automatically converted to the free version, but in the event you wish to postpone your renewal, you can opt for the Antivirus Free for Windows to keep your devices protected. The free version is available for download here.

Regards

• Gjoksi
    edited July 2022

@sdsaf743

Yeah, yeah, whatever. Anyway, spam reported! 😎

• When your Bitdefender subscription expires, the antivirus software will stop receiving updates, including the latest virus definitions and security patches. This means you may become vulnerable to new threats that emerge after your subscription period ends.

Regarding the availability of an accessible mode with basic protection after the subscription period, Bitdefender operates as a commercial product. The company incentivizes users to renew their subscriptions to continue receiving comprehensive protection and updates. While some antivirus software may offer limited free versions, Bitdefender does not currently provide such an option.

As for the password management feature offered by Bitdefender, it is typically a part of the paid version of the software. When your subscription ends, the advanced features, including password management, may no longer be accessible. The availability of your stored passwords will depend on the specific policies of Bitdefender.

It's important to note that Bitdefender takes security seriously, and the passwords you store within its password manager should be protected. Even after your subscription expires, it is unlikely that any new virus can directly read or steal your stored passwords. However, without the latest updates and security patches, your overall system's vulnerability may increase, potentially exposing your passwords to other security risks. It's recommended to consider renewing your subscription or exploring alternative options to maintain comprehensive protection and password management functionality.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

You can download standalone/offline malware signature updates for your specific bitdefender product version from below stated website.

https://www.bitdefender.com/site/view/Desktop-Products-Updates.html

Kindly be informed that the above stated link does not provide malware signature updates on daily basis, instead it gets updated every friday with latest malware signature updates.

As for your suggestion @Alexandru_BD or @Mike_BD can have look into this.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Hello,

Regarding "While some antivirus software may offer limited free versions, Bitdefender does not currently provide such an option." - Bitdefender does offer a free Antivirus for Windows version and also a free Mobile Security app for Android.

Once your Password Manager subscription expires and is no longer active, you will have a maximum of 90 days to export your passwords. Your passwords will be backed up for another 30 days. During those 90 days, you will only be able to export your data. You cannot continue to use Password Manager, as this is a paid subscription. The autofill feature will stop working, as well as the ability to generate passwords.

At the end of the 90-day grace period, you have 30 extra days to contact Bitdefender support and request to restore your passwords back to the live database. You will then be able to export your passwords from Bitdefender Password Manager.

I hope the information is helpful.

Regards,

Alex