Any way to have Search Advisor only show "bad" things (and not the green checks)

I tried to ask this under a more-appropriate heading, but it wouldn't let me select it, so I'm asking under "General"...

Anyway -- I don't like all the green checkmarks on web pages, I'd prefer to only be alerted if there is a potentially "bad" link. Right now, I have to disable "Search Advisor" completely in order to remove the green checks. I don't want to DISABLE it - I want it to examine the links, but I just don't want to see the green checkmarks.

Is there a setting somewhere I'm missing? :)

0 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Answer ✓

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Hello,

That is correct @mrmirakhur, the Search Advisor does not provide this option by design.

@TanerH depending on how TrafficLight classifies the webpage you are currently viewing, one of the following icons is displayed in its area (they might look a bit different in the interface, but the message is the same):

This is a safe page to visit. You can continue your work.

⚠️ This webpage may contain dangerous content. Exercise caution if you decide to visit it.

You should leave the webpage immediately as it contains malware or other threats.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Ahh, ok. That is a little unfortunate, since the green checkmarks often really break a page's rendering/layout. And, I don't really need to know a link is safe - I need to know if it's BAD :-)

Where's the appropriate place to submit suggestions (to make the displaying of the green-check optional)?

Thanks!

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Hi @TanerH,

The best place to post your suggestions and feature requests for the Bitdefender developers to analyze is the "Product features and ideation" category here.

I have now changed the post type from "discussion" to "idea" and will move the content in the aforementioned category. Members can also vote on your suggestion now 🙂

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us!

Best regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

While your feedback is highly appreciated but as far as I know the developers might not implement this feature since this does not seems useful on larger scale.

Changes in bitdefender products are only made if developers receive a particular request on larger scale and even if they do receive it, still there is no guarantee that it will be implemented in the product.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)