Special offers and Notification Turned off but still getting them - Bitdefender Free

smipx
edited August 2022 in Antivirus Free

Hi All. I am getting notifications of paid features and upgrades even though I have Special offers turned off, Recommendation Notifications turned off and also in the Bitdefender Central Interface I have privacy set to not recieve such offers. Is this right or should I not be getting these?

Many thanks

Paul

:

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

That feature is called Autopilot.

"To offer you an effective operation and increased protection while carrying out different activities, Bitdefender Autopilot will act as your personal security advisor. Depending on the activity you perform, either you work, make online payments, watch movies, or play games Bitdefender Autopilot will come up with contextual recommendations based on your device usage and needs. The proposed recommendations may also be related to actions that you need to perform to keep your product working at its full capacity. To start using a suggested feature or make improvements into your product, click the corresponding button."

You can't disable or hide that feature and the recommendations you see in the program.

Also, if disable "Special offers" and "Recommendation notifications" no pop-up notifications will be displayed in the lower right corner of your screen.

So, the Autopilot recommendations in the dashboard and the pop-up notifications in the lower right corner of your screen are two different things.

Regards.

• Hi,

Many thanks for clarifying that. I can live with it as I am coming from a product that bombarded me with scare tactics 3-4 times a day (even though I paid for it). It looks like BitDefender free is pretty good on that front which was my main driver to move over (as the detection rates etc were very similar).

Cheers,

Paul