Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Subscription Expired Pop Up - when Subs are still active.

Options

Had a pop up telling my computer was not protected as my sub had expired, with 11 month still to go I was a bit puzzled, it offered me a free or premium upgrade, I then saw an "Already got a subscription" option, I clicked and I get a message saying I am safe, concerned that the protection was off while this glitch was active. Just wondering what causes this all is back as it was now.

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

Since ONLY Bitdefender staff can have access to your Bitdefender Central account and your payments, you should contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:

Also, @Alexandru_BD and @Mike_BD (they both work for Bitdefender) can take a look here and help you with the issue.

Regards.

• Thanks, as it was not an issue with my subscription, just the program thinking the sub had run out, all working again, have noticed several other apps have defaulted to needing me to sign back up, all right after the latest Windows Update. I will contact support if I get more issues and keep the contacts you sent.

Thanks for your response :)

• I saw the same popup, but I'm using Bitdefender Antivirus Free for Windows, which should be a perpetual 'subscription'. I suspect this might be because my computer is not connected to the Internet (intentionally). It has been disconnected for about two months. Does my computer need to communicate with Bitdefender Central periodically, to confirm that I have a free subscription?

Now I can't use Bitdefender to scan for viruses. When I show Bitdefender I see a window like this:

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @jkristian,

Bitdefender requires an active internet connection, regardless of the license type, because it needs to communicate with the authentification server in order to get its license information, as this is not stored locally.

As soon as the device is back online, the expiration message should go away.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Not my issue then, pop up appeared while the computer was in use, watching You Tube, the pop up has a link in it, that connects to your site... Thankfully not had the issue again. Possibly is an authentication issue, but not my end.