Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

NOT ABLE TO ACTIVATE WEB PROTECTION ON MY IPHONE

Options

I paid for web protection on my iphone. After I paid for it and I tried to activate. I received a error message saying that I was using the wrong account. I did use another account briefly but deleted it and went with the account name I have with you on my laptop.

Would you please tell me what I need to do to resolve this problem.

Thank You

Answers

• Hello @Chenoa and welcome to the Community!

The features of the Bitdefender product will change according to the active subscription/license available in the Bitdefender Central account. So you will have to synchronize the product using the e-mail address associated with that Central account. Do the following:

1. Open the Bitdefender Mobile Security app installed on your iPhone or iPad.

2. Tap ••• More on the bottom navigation bar.

3. Choose My Account.

4. Tap Logout.

5. Tap Logout to confirm the action.

6. Sign in with the e-mail address and the password of the Central account where you have activated your Mobile Security subscription/license. After completing the above steps, Web Protection should become available to use.

Let us know how it goes.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I followed the instructions you emailed me. I still can’t activate web protection. I even signed in with the account I set up when I first got my iPhone less than a year ago. Still couldn’t activate.

I guess I will have to uninstall from my iPhone and look for another antivirus program. As I said earlier I have Bitdefender on my laptop & I will continue to use it there.

Evidently I did something wrong when I changed my Apple ID from the one I set the phone up with to the one I am using now. I don’t know if this could have caused the issue.

What I do know is that I can’t activate Web Protection with either Bitdefender account.

Thank you for your assistance.

• Hello @Chenoa,

I suspect this is related to how the account is setup, based on your feedback, the product does not seem to get its configuration from the Central account, so my recommendation would be to contact the Support Teams and ask them to help with the setup in this case. We won't be able to resolve this on the forum, as the engineers need to have a look at the device in question. This shouldn't be hard to fix and you can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user