Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How to remove Enterprise Business Apps from personal laptops and devices

Options
Need2Know
edited September 2022 in General Topics

I coming to you for help in trying to stop the "Enterprise Business apps" from being installed on personal devices in the home where a work machine (that is also in the home and that) has these "apps" running (such as MDM, Azure and other Enterprise Management tools).

I am a remote worker with ONE work machine in the home in a residential network (this work machine is controlled by my work). No problems there.

What is the problem? Someone with admin rights is using these apps to also "silently" install Enterprise apps behind-the-scenes on my PERSONAL devices to do whatever... (to snoop, copy personal files and control these personal devices.) (much like your "Stalkerware article".) They know I have taken pictures of this activity and now EVERY personal IOS and Windows device is being affected in my home. This is a family home with our grown children and grand babies.

I have addressed this with my work and they say since these are personal machines; I have to contact Dell, Microsoft and basically I am on my own. I know the MDM allows for "managed devices" and "unmanaged devices" where it can install these "silently" behind-the-scenes no matter what the OS (IOS, Android, and Windows). The major computer company involved points the finger at my work and my work points the finger at the Major computer company.

How do I stop this? How do I get this resolved especially since I am not sure who is doing it.

Please can you tell me how do I get them out of these personal devices? I just reinstalled the OS for the 5th time today on this laptop I am actually sending you this inquiry. Yet, some of these "Enterprise Apps" were installed as a KillerNetwork update. Once the door is open; then they install EdgeDev, XBOX, Skype, OneDrive, WorkFolders, "GPO.html" file, and slew of network processes you cannot stop or remove, etc... all Enterprise apps). I no longer have full control of my machine. When you click on something belonging to them; it states "Contact your System Administrator" or you don't have permission.

I do have Bitdefender VPN running right now. So how does one get them to stop?

We purchased a brand new MAC Mini; straight out of the box and just booted it up. No network (it was off), Apple ID not setup. I start to attach mobile device to use "imageCapture" to transfer and back up my photos and I now have "Windows Server along with its "gamebox" and Enterprise server processes" that you cannot remove from the MAC mini. It was not on the internet and so probably had a dirty "image" with secret code to start these processes. I don't know. It is hard to say since I have no one to help us.

Both my husband and I are 65 years old and just want our life back. Can someone be help us off this merry-go-round? We are really sick about this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

NeedToKnow.

Comments

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited September 2022
    Options

Hello @Need2Know and welcome to the Community!

Thank you for taking the time to explain your request in detail and for coming to us for help. I have noticed that, apart from the VPN license, you also have an active Total Security solution.

Based on your description of the situation, this is not something that can be addressed on the forum and most likely a remote session will be necessary to investigate and be able to advise further. I would recommend contacting the Technical Support Teams, as more information is required from the machines. You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

I hope the situation is resolved in a positive manner.

Best regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user