Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Upgrade From Total Security And VPN Premium To Ultimate

Options

Hi.

I own BitDefender Total Security and BitDefender VPN Premium.

I want to upgrade to BitDefender Ultimate Plus.

How can I use the current subscription to purchase BitDefender Ultimate Plus?

Thank you.

Stevo Vani

Slovakia

EDITED: E-mail removed. Gjoksi

Best Answer

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello.

ONLY Bitdefender staff can have access to your Bitdefender Central account and your payments/purchases.

So, you should contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:

NOTE: Bitdefender telephone support is not toll-free!

Also, @Alexandru_BD and @Mike_BD (they both work for Bitdefender) can take a look here and help you with the issue. You can PM them.

Regards.

Answers

• OK

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @stevicek,

For this upgrade, I think it will be necessary for the current Total Security and Premium VPN subscriptions to be refunded, for you to purchase the Ultimate Security suite. Kindly contact our Commercial Support Teams for assistance, using the link provided by Gjoksi above and they will be happy to help.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Beaglemom
    Options

I currently have Digital Identity Protection, Antivirus for Mac, Mobile Security, and Web Protection iOS. Different things were added as they came online. I just used the link above for a chat on if going to Ultimate Security would combine all these into one and whether I could get a refund for non-usage of some or all of the above. I was told I couldn't get any refund and the best way to deal with upgrading to Ultimate Security was to wait until my subscription(s) expire...and there are different expiration dates....and to upgrade to Ultimate Security on 01/01/2025.

Might be time to check out another route and cut my losses on this one. It's been mostly good with some weird issues along the way, but this is confounding. 🤯

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited August 2023
    Options

@Beaglemom

To be honest, I'm in the same boat as you, only with Windows and Android. I have Digital Identity Protection, Total Security, Password Manager, and Premium VPN, all with differing expiration dates. I was doing the same thing, buying them "A la carte" as they came out, or when I went all in and purchased a Premium version. It's just that we're too far along in our subscriptions, and when the time comes, to cut our losses on the others (i.e. let them expire).

When you get close, a couple of weeks before 01/01/25, reach out to them again, remind them of your situation (as I will be doing) and see if they give you an excellent quote for Ultimate Security for your supporting Bitdefender in all of those ways that you had. It's what I'll be doing :)

Kind regards,

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Beaglemom
    Options

Tnx, Scott. My "hope" was if I could consolidate everything under one umbrella, it "might" resolve some of the most annoying issues I've had with my iPhone and Mac tablet. Central doesn't give me as much information as I'm looking for, such as, do I need to shut down auto-pay for the subscriptions I have, and if so, how do I do that? I talked to my daughter who is in IT and has never used any virus program on her Mac and has never had any problems, that following safe user rules is the best protection considering most hackers are now after bigger fish than the guppy that I am. I'm wondering if it's even worth having it myself and am considering uninstalling Bitdefender entirely, if possible. My family and friends' eyes glaze over when I even start talking about computers, so I'm sitting between a rock and that other place, and am too old (way past retirement) for this. I may be dead before 2025. 😈

• Beaglemom
    Options

@Scott

Still here. I did have a more informative chat, got more answers, gave a lot of thought to the implications, and after looking at all the options, decided to buy Premium at a good price through Bitdefender. I decided to go with Premium instead of Ultimate at this point, both because of price, and I already have the added protections in Ultimate through another source. I also already have VPN and a password app, so may play around with those at some point.

Right now I'm tired of thinking about it but still need to check my devices out to make sure I've covered all bases. More reading. 🤨 I appreciate that you let me know you were "in the same boat". It helped me in my decision, so thank you, again.

Have a good one and stay safe.

Jan