Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Total Security Blocking New Windows 11 x64 Update KB5018483

Options

Been fiddling with updates for the past 6 hours, update is 2022-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems (KB5018483), ERROR is as follows, 'We couldn't install this update, but you can try again (0x80080005).' The error code relates to 3rd party antivirus and as I currently use bitdefender I am to assume it is the culprit, especially after troubleshooting every other issue for the last 6 hours. I believe it's simply a false positive on bitdefender's part, I would appreciate swift response on a solution to fix the issue, and/or a possible patch if this is occuring for other people, thank you for your time,

TLD.

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

I think you have the same issue just like @AhmedNaji here:

Like already commented in that thread, only the malware researchers at Bitdefender Lab can help you with the issue.

So, you should contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:

NOTE: Bitdefender telephone support is not toll-free!

@Alexandru_BD This is a second user complaining about Bitdefender blocking Windows updates.

Regards.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @TheLothricDictator,

Have you also tried to uninstall Bitdefender to attempt the update without the antivirus installed? This will confirm if the issue is indeed related to Bitdefender. You can reinstall the antivirus afterwards and you will not lose any validity, as the product draws its configuration from the active subscription in the Central account. I think it's worth trying to reinstall and see if the update succeeds this way, before reaching out to the support engineers. They will probably advise this as well, as a first step.

Let us know how it goes.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• @Alexandru_BD I disabled Bitdefender Shield and it still stalled but I didn't get the error, I wanted to test if it was bitdefender so I turned Shield back on to see if the error would occur and it did so almost immediately, I don't know for sure if it's bitdefender yet, how would I go about disabling bitdefender fully while applying the update, I don't know if just turning off every module would work. In the meantime I'm going to turn off shield and let it run at full capacity and see if that works.

• I also don't quite understand how to uninstall bitdefender, it isn't as easy as just throwing it in the rubbish bin I assume

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@TheLothricDictator

Hello again.

You can uninstall Bitdefender Total Security using the Uninstall Tool:

Regards.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

@TheLothricDictator have you managed to update Windows after uninstalling Bitdefender?

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user