Computer Fan Turns On Near The End Of A System Scan. Any Ideas?

Hi!

My desktop computer's fan turns on near the end of a full-system scan. Is this normal or is it something I should be worried about?

Thanks.

Best Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    Answer ✓

Hello @OwnerOfBitdefender,

I too sometimes get the fan running during a full-system scan. I haven't paid attention if it happens during or towards the end of the scan.

It's expected for the CPU and hard drive to work a bit harder during a full system scan. Depending on the age of your system, this could create extra heat that would cause the fans to be deployed to keep things cool.

However, if you notice the computer fan running constantly and making an abnormal or loud noise, this might indicate that the computer is not running as efficiently as possible, and/or clogged air vents. It is important to keep dust from accumulating in your computer and ensure adequate ventilation to help reduce heat.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello.

It also happens on my laptop during the system scan. Sometimes it happens at the beginning of the scan, sometimes at the end, etc., in no particular time intervals.

But, must say that in my case it is pretty normal, since "Scan task priority" for system scan is set to "High", which takes much more resources than "Low" and "Auto".

Regards.

Answers