An IBM Trusteer Rapport extension for Safepay

Simply as the title.

1 votes

Declined · Last Updated

Comments

• Hello @adamdb17 and welcome to the Community!

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

In regards to your suggestion, there are no foreseeable plans to integrate extensions with Safepay at the moment. The secure browser is not scheduled to receive any major upgrades in the upcoming months.

Nevertheless, your contributions and ideas are always welcome and please feel free to share with us any other suggestions that come to mind in the future. The product developers are always open to new ideas coming from our users and will always consider the concepts that have true potential of making it into production.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Any new developments on this>

Santander Bank recommend using Trusteer Rapport but the icon does not appear in Safepay.

Q1 Is Trusteer running in SAfepay even though the icon is not visible?

q2 If trusteer is not running is Safepay secure enough anyway?

Regards Jim

• Hello @Jimboy76.

If my understanding is correct, Trusteer protects you from submitting your user name, password, or other sensitive login information to non-secure websites and helps prevent financial malware and fraudulent websites from stealing credentials and from hijacking your web communication, in a nutshell.

Bitdefender Safepay is a protected browser, a sealed environment that is designed to keep your online banking, e-shopping, and any other type of online transaction private and secure. Safepay protects against all e-threats that target banking data such as hacking, phishing, packet analysis, “man-in-the-browser” and “man-in-the-middle” attacksTrojans, system changes, etc. While browsing in Safepay you don’t risk being spied on or having your passwords stolen. Malicious keyloggers can’t record what you type on your keyboard and and the secure browser also prevents malware to take screenshots and detects fraudulent websites. The web-filtering technology ensures that you never land on a harmful website. Bitdefender Safepay also comes with a built-in VPN that secures your confidential data even on public Wi-Fi networks.

So, I'm not sure why you would require Trusteer in this scenario..

Since you already have Bitdefender installed, malware detection is already covered and if this is another security software, there could be conflicts between them. Having two or more security solutions installed at the same time can have a negative impact on your computer, and the symptoms may include but are not limited to degraded performance, system crashes, and software errors. So, my honest advice is not to mix them together.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• OK Alex, thanks for the detailed reply, I will take your advice.

Regards

Jim