How To Get BD Password Manager?

AntEvirus
edited January 2023 in Password Manager

I have Bitdefender Total Security on subscription. It was last renewed on 1st Jan 2023.

I'm getting notifications (ads) from it telling me I should buy the Bitdefender Password Manager at roughly £25 a year.

However this review https://softwarelab.org/bitdefender-antivirus-review/ says it is included in Bitdefender TOTAL Security, which I already have.

This BD page https://www.bitdefender.co.uk/solutions/password-manager.html says it is included in Bitdefender PREMIUM Security (which is presumably not as good as TOTAL otherwise Total wouldn't be Total!)

and and this BD product comparison page https://www.bitdefender.co.uk/solutions/antivirus-comparison.html doesn't even mention PREMIUM Security or the Password Manager.

I'm really confused. I'm already paying a subscription for security software that claims to be 'Total'. Why do I need to pay more for a password manager that is similar to other managers (like BitWarden or LastPass) that are either free or included with other software ?

Best Answer

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Answer ✓

In simple words:

Bitdefender Total Security: All features of Bitdefender Antivirus Plus and Bitdefender Internet Security + VPN with 200 MB daily traffic per device

Bitdefender Premium Security: All features of Bitdefender Total Security + Bitdefender Password Manager + VPN with unlimited traffic

Additional information can be provided by @Alexandru_BD or @Mike_BD

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

Answers

• Interesting, But still confusing as this page https://www.bitdefender.co.uk/media/html/consumer/new/premium-security-opt/?&s_kwcid=AL!6076!3!588247860710!e!!g!!bitdefender%20premium%20security&cid=ppc%7cc%7cgoogle%7cUK_60off&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgoCEudXJ_AIVGODtCh0rlQJcEAAYASAAEgKRSfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

doesn't mention that Premium has anything else except VPN stuff.

The more Bitdefender pages I look at the more ambiguous it is as to what products they sell and what is in each one.

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

Just to clarify, Bitdefender Wallet and Bitdefender Password Manager are not the same product.

The main difference is the multiplatform password synchronization. Password Manager is a standalone software compatible with Windows, Android, macOS, and iOS, while the Wallet is a password manager module with basic functionality that comes with our paid security solutions Bitdefender Antivirus Plus, Bitdefender Internet Security, Bitdefender Total Security. The Wallet is available only on Windows and does not work on Mac, Android, or iOS devices.

Wallet integrates with the following Windows browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Bitdefender Safepay. Unlike Password Manager, the Wallet does not offer master password recovery options: if you forget your Master Password you lose all your passwords. Wallet functions are limited to autosave & autofill, auto-lock, and a password generator. You can import data from other password management applications only in .db and .csv format.

On the other hand, Bitdefender Password Manager works with Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Safari across Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS. If you forget your master password, you can always reset it and regain access to your data. It has a plethora of bonus features that increase your privacy: autosave & autofill, password generator, password quality check, search & delete password duplicates, (un)hide passwords as you type them, security reports, password leak alert, secure notes, remote logout, biometric unlock on mobile devices. You can import data from other password management applications in multiple formats: csv, json, xml, txt, 1pif, fsk.

So, Wallet, NOT Password Manager, is integrated into your Bitdefender Total Security product and is part of your Bitdefender Total Security subscription.

Password Manager is part of these Bitdefender products (subscriptions): Bitdefender Ultimate Security and Bitdefender Premium Security, without any extra charges. Also, you could buy 1-year subscription only for Password Manager, as a separate service (product).

Finally, the Bitdefender Premium Security solution includes these programs/services:

• Bitdefender Total Security (Bitdefender Total Security for Windows, Bitdefender Antivirus for macOS and Bitdefender Mobile Security for Android and iOS)
    • Bitdefender Premium VPN (For Windows, macOS, Android and iOS)
    • Bitdefender Password Manager (For Windows, macOS, Android and iOS) and
    • Bitdefender Premium Priority Support

Regards.

• Hello @AntEvirus,

Your observation is correct and I take the opportunity to thank you for that. This is a landing page for one of the Premium Security discounts and as you have noticed, it does not feature Password Manager. This happened, most likely due to human error and I'm saying this because Password Manager wasn't always included in this suite. When it was launched, there were a multitude of texts to be updated and I think this one was accidentaly forgotten and displays the previous template, before Password Manager was actually included in the package. And before this, of course, only the Premium VPN was included.

I have reported this to our web development teams and they will make the necessary content adjustments soon.

For comparison purposes, when receiving a special offer, you can always take the product page as a reference point.

Thank you once again for your vigilance, you just helped us find a discrepancy in our texts 🙂

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user