Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

What Can A Family Member Do With A Subscription I Give Them?

Repairman
Repairman
edited February 2023 in Central & Subscriptions

In other words: if I give a family member one of the subscriptions under my paid account, can they buy add on services or renew?

Best Answer

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Repairman

Hello again.

Yes, you are right, they won't be able to do anything, for example: buy, renew, etc.

Regards.

Answers

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited February 2023

Hi @Repairman

If they wanted to buy their own services a la carte that are not included in your BD account plan, they could do that. For example, if your subscription does not include Premium VPN, they could buy that on their own, but if it's a part of your package, then it's under your subscription, and they are locked in with your subscription and your time period.

I hope this helped. If you need any follow-up insight, @Gjoksi is very good with these issues.

Kind regards,

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

Bitdefender Central account and Bitdefender account are not the same thing.

You shared your subscription details (Bitdefender account credentials: e-mail and password) with them, not your Bitdefender Central account credentials (e-mail and password).

But, if you shared your Bitdefender Central account credentials with them, like @Scott already said, they can buy new services or renew them.

Check out these comments:

Regards.

• what I did was I went into my account control panel and clicked on "you have 9 more devices to protect, share another install" or something close to that. I clicked and copied and pasted the link onto word pad and copied it to a thumb drive. I went to their computer and ran the link on their desktop installing Bitdefender. so they will not be able to renew or install anything from Bitdefender that would be billable back to me. right?

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod

@Alexandru_BD or @Gjoksi would you follow-up with Repairman, please :)

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Hello @Repairman,

Only the Central account holder and the subscription owner (you) can have acces to features such as payments, addons, renewal, or remote actions on covered devices and basically everything related to subscription management, straight from your Central account.

How it works: when Bitdefender is installed on another device using that link, it will draw its configuration, validity and variation of devices from the "mother" Central account (yours in this case). Apart from this, the user of that device can perform various security-related tasks on the machine using the in-built antivirus features and settings, but they won't be able to make new purchases or purchase addons for their product, as the Bitdefender antivirus interface does not allow this, the product is simply "linked" to the Central account so that it can get its validity and specifications according to the license active there.

The only way for them to purchase Bitdefender services by themselves would be to create their own Central account, but then they will be disconnected from yours and from the existing coverage altogether. Basically, they will start from scratch and they will need to make a new purchase to protect their devices in this scenario. For this reason, there is an option to "switch account" in the Bitdefender product and this actually means that the product can be "linked" to another Central account of their choice. Whenever this happens, the product will change according to what's active in that account, so if there isn't an active subscription in Central, the devices will appear "at risk".

Let me know if I was able to shed some light on this matter.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user