You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: [email protected];
You may obtain a refund by contacting [email protected] within 30 days of your initial purchase or of the automatic renewal date.
Thank you for your understanding.
Bitdefender Central Issues. Any Help?
Hey all, I was hoping to get some help with some issues I'm having with BD Central. I'm currently running "protection for windows" on 5 boxes and was planning on dropping it onto a few more, but I'm finding myself frustrated with the software right now and want to throw in the towel.
Can anyone guide me through improving my experience regarding some of these issues?
- Dashboard: I can't tell what type of scan (if any) is running on a given machine, without selecting the machine and clicking through the different scan options.
- Dashboard: the dashboard doesn't show you when the last scans or db updates occurred
- Dashboard: each computer has an 'update' button, but nothing in the BD Central GUI shows you the current software build version or av database version installed on the machine.
- Dashboard: there's no client state indicator. (IE: there's no way to tell if a machine (or more accurately, the bd client) is online or offline)
- Dashboard: it seems like sometimes a scan doesn't run (maybe the pc was off?) but there's no event or flag to indicate that there was a problem running the scan.
- Scans (vulnerability): I ran a vulnerability scan on one of my machines. The scan shows a vulnerable app, but doesn't explain the vulnerability or suggest steps to take for remediation.
- Scans (Malware): A scan on one of the machines returned a few malware hits in a few files. Instead of giving me the option to remediate the issue though, the software indicated that someone needed to re-run the malware scan locally and take the recommended remediation steps. This is frustrating as I went this route on account of the remote management aspect of BD Central.
Am I just using this software incorrectly??
Thanks in advance.