Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can You Help Me Determine If Bitdefender Agent Is Working?

Every time I login Mac I receive BD notifications (100!). I try to open them but can't . I try to login to BD Agent (att) . BD ID, psw, 2FA are all accepted . BDA then pops up request "Bit Defender Agent ... wants to make changes" for my Mac psw . I enter the password and nothing happens . It doesn't look like BDAgent is working. Apps BDVpn and BDAV all appear to work so there shouldn't be anything wrong w my login credentials . Help pls? Ty!

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

On the same issue, i just found this post (just click on "View Post"):

If that dind't help, follow the steps below.

First, take screenshot(s) of the issue

and create a log file on your MacOS device using BDProfiler, by following these steps:

Next, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail:

with short description of the issue.

After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.

Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshot(s) you already took and the log file you already created in the first step.

Since you are all done, just wait for the support engineers to investigate your issue and find a solution to fix the issue.

Remember that the screenshot(s) and the log file will help a lot to the support engineers for better and faster investigation on your issue and finding a solution.

Regards.

• Steck1108
    Steck1108 Defender of the month

Thank you for your help.

I saw your inquiry post.

Bitdefender-Agent does not work on MAC computers, but in my past experience, it is similar to the phenomenon that I got stuck in. Regarding the MAC computer, I installed Bitdefender once, but Bitdefender could not be activated, and I remember doing trial and error.

Bitdefender's uninstallation function depends on the OS version of the MAC computer, and the uninstallation does not work well, leaving remnants of Bitdefender's installation data.

I think that the uninstallation and the wreckage of the files were successfully removed with the tool below, and after restarting, the installation and the drag registration of Bitdefender-Agent in the MAC application permission column led to operation.

Buho Cleaner

For the download location, search for Buho Cleaner on search sites, etc.

• Steck1108
    Steck1108 Defender of the month

How to authorize applications for MAC If you know an application, you can allow it by clicking "Open System Settings" in the warning and turning on permissions for that application in the "Privacy & Security" settings.

If it's an application you don't know, or if you don't want the application to have access to your Mac at that time, click Deny in the warning.

When granting access, be careful to limit it to applications you know and trust.

When you give an application access to your Mac, you also give it access to information such as contacts and calendars. In such cases, each company's terms and privacy policies will apply, not Apple's privacy policy.

Be sure to review each company's terms and privacy policies to understand how your information is handled and used.

To change an application's permissions (for example, if you later decide to give a denied application access to your Mac), choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then choose Privacy & Security in the sidebar. , then click Accessibility on the right. (You may need to scroll down.) Turn on/off permissions for the applications in the list. If you don't see the application you want to grant access to, click the Add button at the bottom of the list of applications, search for and select the application, then click Open.

• gq_russell27
    edited September 2023

I bought your software Anti Virus & VPN. I am very disappointed in your product. I installed Bitdefender software to my computer. it is installed in my launchpad on my Mac Computer. I put in my User Name & my Password. & the

Bitdefender Agent wants to make changes. It does not like my Password. I can't get the Anti Virus to work & come on & work properly. My VPN is working My connection is secured. But I not sure my anti Virus is on are working.

Can you please help me on this matter. Russell.

edit: personal information removed.

• Hello @gq_russell27 and welcome to Bitdefender and the community!

I regret to hear the product doesn't meet your expectations so far, but I'm sure we can eventually find out what's preventing the antivirus from working properly. Are you running macOS High Sierra by any chance? You may be notified that a system extension signed by Bitdefender has been blocked. This is not an error, just a security check. Click on OK.

The notification appears because of a new feature introduced with High Sierra. This feature enforces that only kernel extensions (KEXT) approved by the user will be loaded on a system. When a request is made to load an extension that the user has not yet approved, the request is denied and macOS displays an alert similar to the one shown below.

The setup assistant will display a window indicating the next steps. Click on System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General as shown below:

The Security & Privacy window will appear on your screen. Click the padlock icon in the bottom left corner to make the changes.

When prompted, input an administrator name and password, then press the Unlock button.

Note: if the login credentials are not accepted, then they could be wrong or misspelled and this doesn't indicate a software fault.

Click the Allow button, in the lower part of the window.

Note: If more than one system software requires your attention, select Bitdefender in the list, then click on OK to allow it.

Now, I can't be 100% sure this is the scenario you are encountering, since I'm unaware of the macOS version of the device, so I'm making assumptions based on the information you've shared so far.

The installation process is pretty straightforward and you shouldn't encounter any difficulties at all. Only if there's something wrong with the administrator name and password, there could be hiccups along the road.

In any case, if nothing works you can always contact the Support teams for assistance and they will be happy to help. Should you need to get in touch with them, I'll leave the link below:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

There are 3 available contact channels to choose from, chat, phone and email/ticket, whichever works best for you.

I hope the situation will be resolved swiftly, so you can enjoy your Bitdefender product. 🙂

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user