Bitdefender Total Security does not run on Mac 12.3.1 - Help Requested

New to Bitdefender.

Antivirus for Mac has installed but when I try to run Bitdefender Total Security, the application downloads and installs, but when I run it, I get a prompt saying "Bitdefender Agent wants to make changes please enter password to allow this" and when I enter the password and press "Enter" the program fails and quits.

Is this known behavior?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Steck1108
    Steck1108 Defender of the month

Hello. This is a problem, but rather than the function of Bitdfender, if you do not register the accessibility permission of the Apple MAC-OS application, you need to register the Bitdefender execution program, "Bitdefender Agent", "Bitdefender VPN", "Bitdefender Antivirus For MAC".

If you do not do this, the specification will be rejected by the MAC side, so please check that the MAC task bar resident does not work.

After resident in the taskbar, you will be asked to log in to Bitdefender Central. This is a confirmation item, Change settings in "System Preferences"> "Security & Privacy"> "Privacy" Accessibility Full disk access Please check the check registration related to Bitdefender.

• Downloaded Bitdefender Security for my Windows machine - looks like a complete solution. However, I then downloaded it for my Mac. Not so good.

It appears to be Anti Virus only - opening the AntiVirus interface (that is an overstatement) I am asked to add Bitdefender to my Privacy section in my preferences. Done this now, more than once. Every time I try to open the app - I am returned to the add to preferences screen. There are no settings apparent, no mention of security. Seems a waste of time on the Mac.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

You need to understand that there are many differences between windows OS and mac OS. Apple has set many restrictions to all its products.

There is no total security product for mac by bitdefender, the only product for mac from bitdefender is bitdefender antivirus for mac which provides functionality of antivirus and malicious/ phishing website blocking.

The only common thing between the bitdefender total security in relation to bitdefender antivirus for mac is the activation key. The activation key of bitdefender total security can be used to activate bitdefender antivirus for mac, rest both are two separate products and you will never get total security features of windows in mac version as told earlier due to the security restrictions policies by apple.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Steck1108
    Steck1108 Defender of the month

Mr. C Behaviourist As a side note, the installed Bitdefender engine will be a completely different source for the Windows version and the MAC version.

For Windows version, "Bitdefender Total Security"

For the MAC version, "Bitdefender Antivirus For MAC"

Will be.

If you add a device from the Bitdefender Central site, It will be installed after checking the version of each OS, so if you check the functions and items of Bitdefender after the actual installation, you will be able to understand it.