Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Renew a lapsed subscription to start at a later date

Options

Due to some very bad information I was given last year, I went with a different antivirus solution. While it is OK, I always preferred the Bitdefender approach. Now that I know I was given bogus information, I'd like to reinstate my protection. My existing protection covers me until early September, but I'd like to take advantage of the current pricing, but not have my protection actually begin until September 1st. Is that possible, or should I just wait until then to renew?

Comments

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hi @BNale

I would wait until your current subscription runs out, otherwise, the purchase from the Bitdefender store countdown starts the moment you buy it. It would be two separate subscriptions. Also, some of the deals are for first-time users, so I'm not sure as far as what you may have seen.

Just make sure the AV you were using is completely uninstalled, even using their uninstall tool, if advised (some only want you to use it in extreme cases). Then just download and install from your subscription, "to this device" from your Central account.

I would also confirm your auto-renewal is disabled, so it doesn't renew itself at what may be a bit more than what you may be offered in an email notice from Bitdefender, or from your Central account, My Offers, as your current subscription nears its end.

Some have found Method 1, to be more "reliable" in disabling auto-renewal.

Kind regards,

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• BNale
    Options

OK. That's what I'll do. Thanks!

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

@Scott is right, it's best to wait. Surely, there will be other offers and campaigns available in September and you can keep your current antivirus until then, because if you purchase Bitdefender now, the validity countdown for the activation code starts from the moment of purchase, regardless of the Central activation timestamp. This applies only for subscriptions purchased from the official Bitdefender website.

If you can't find an attractive discount by the time your current antivirus license expires, you can send me a private message in September and I'll do my best to help you @BNale.

And I take the opportunity to welcome you back to Bitdefender! 🙂

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user