Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

BD Free Command Line?

Options
hra
hra
edited August 2023 in Utilities

I got Bitdefender Free on my device. There is a right-click option for scanning individual files.

I would like to know if this is possible to do through cmd. There are a lot of executables and no console like on endpoint.

Further: I discovered the issue by accident; sometimes I use FreeDownloadManager for larger files and there is an option to link your AV and automatically scan the files you dl, which I always do. Yet, I do not know how to set this up by command. There's the link to the executable and a parameter manipulation box with %path% resembling the path of the freshly downloaded file.

Does anyone know how to do this with Free, as I'd also quite like to do some batchfiles to regularly scan specified locations from a simple desktop shortcut.

Best Answer

• hra
    hra
    Answer ✓
    Options

Update for the problem

I have received an answer to the problem, just to let everyone, that you've stumbled upon this post, know.

As it seems, there is no possibility to run Bitdefender Free through command line. This is what I got as an answer from the support team. If this feature will ever be implemented in BD Free, do not ask in this thread.

The answer quoted

Hello,

Thank you for your email and I hope you are doing well.

I wanted to let you know that you can not run Bitdefender commands through cmd.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Have a great day!

Best Regards,

Alexandru B.

Technical Support Engineer

I therefore mark this question as closed.

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

As checked the the forum website is not allowing me to enter the commands that may help you regarding your query. Hence I have attached word document and provided the solution regarding your query which may help you.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• hra
    hra
    edited August 2023
    Options

@Flexx First and foremost thanks for the kind advice.

Sadly, it is not working for me as intended.

In my program files, "bdc" does not exist, however, "bitdefenderci" does exist, which I interpreted as "Command-Line Interface", yet, I might be wrong

Giving any input or trying to access explanatory parameters results in an empty console tho. So I am still not totally sure where to look.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

In that case, kindly contact the bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/ and scroll down to the bottom of the webpage where you can get in touch with support representative either by email, chat or over a call.

Alternatively, you can also share your query with bitdefender support team by dropping them an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com

The support team will reply back to your query within next 24-48 hours excluding weekends.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited August 2023
    Options

Thank you for posting your findings @hra Thread is closed, as per your request.

For anyone else, if needed, please start another thread or contact an Admin or Mod to have this thread re-opened.

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

This discussion has been closed.