Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Iexplore.exe Keep Appearing

Options
adely
edited November 2008 in Malware talk

this occur after i've installed bitdefender internet security in my laptop.

before, as i was using a free avg, non of this happened.

but now, iexplore.exe keep appearing again and again (as i have tried ended the process manually through the task manager) and there a few at the same time taking up my memory eventhough im not using internet explorer. Annoying pop up from internet explorer keep coming promoting stuff and all i can do now is ending the iexplore.exe manually as often as i can when things get slow plus when bitdefender detect something trying to connect to the internet but eventhough i click on ok for bd to stop it, a new iexplore.exe will appear in the running processes list.

It is a virus and i want it to get out of my system.

all the other method on the net consume of me getting another antivirus product, but i think bitdefender can still do something about this.

mind u, i have run a deep scan, but nothing was found.

im really frustated now and hope u guys can help me please...

Comments

• first thing did you try unintsalling internet and instll firefox,(download firefox first),u see if there is a virues in the internet explore removeing it will delet the virues,so u install firefox so u can reinstall internetexplore,sec what spyware programs do u have?some times a virues can only be picked bye a spyware program.

• adely
    edited November 2008
    Options
    first thing did you try unintsalling internet and instll firefox,(download firefox first),u see if there is a virues in the internet explore removeing it will delet the virues,so u install firefox so u can reinstall internetexplore,sec what spyware programs do u have?some times a virues can only be picked bye a spyware program.

i already have firefox. i will uninstall ie. but how? since its not registered in the program list. its part of the program from windows. but i'll try and i'll tell u d result. thanks for replying :)

• i already have firefox. i will uninstall ie. but how? since its not registered in the program list. its part of the program from windows. but i'll try and i'll tell u d result. thanks for replying :)

it is in the program list but the remove option is unavailable. i only manage to downgrade it to ie6, but the problem persist. the iexplore.exe is still there. now, seriously, cant bitdefender do anything?

• it is in the program list but the remove option is unavailable. i only manage to downgrade it to ie6, but the problem persist. the iexplore.exe is still there. now, seriously, cant bitdefender do anything?
  • adely
    edited November 2008
    Options

ok, i notice that the virus starts when windows start. So, i went to the start up system configuration and notice an exe file called "MAPI MP3 TEAM" is enlisted and checked. i have already unchecked it in my previous attempt to clean start up list but it came and registered a new one. (persist to be at the start up). i dont remember installing any mp3 help file so i went and searched where this file is located.

It is in my application data, under a file called "Amen 32 jugs" that contains several other similar exe file.

i googled the word "MAPI MP3 TEAM" and "AMEN 32 JUGS" just to get more details and i found NOTHING. no results for quoted search.

So, what the h*ll are they?

this Amen file is in my application data along with other programs that i know and which i have installed myself. but i dont remember anything about installing Amen 32 Jugs application.

So, without any further hesitation, i proudly permanently deleted the unknown file along with its content.

and u know what, after i restart my one and only pc, there are no more iexplore.exe in my list processes! :)

Thats why even if i manage to reinstall ie, it wont solve the problem because its not even in the ie file.

the fact that the amen file is not googable, and it manage to hide under the name iexplore.exe, rather than iexplorer (which is obviously and undoubtedly a virus), i think this is a new and improve smart virus. (cos Bitdefender cant find it and it can disguise itself as just another program which i have installed, it created a folder contains a few exe which i think are virus for crying out loud)

i will write something here if the problem comes again (which i pray wont).

hope this one solution can help many.