Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender vs built-in MI Guard Security. Which one should I keep?

Options

Hello, I am using Redmi note 11 pro + 5g. It already has a built-in MI Guard Security which is powered by avast. But I still wish to install bitdefender free antivirus because it's been a while since I last saw MI Guard Security's virus definition update.

But my questions are-

(1st) If both of these apps are active, will these 2 antivirus apps clash with each other??? Since both of them are similar??? Even though one is unreliable but built-in and another is cloud based?

(2nd) If I disable MI Guard Security then will my phone be vulnerable when offline since bitdefender free is based on cloud system and can't work offline???

(3rd) Does bitdefender free antivirus scan app the moment it gets downloaded??? Cause I don't see any notification that says the app's been scanned. How am I suppose to know that the app is doing its job?

Please do kndly let me know. Thank you.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited August 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

1) Yes, it is possible that the two antivirus apps will clash with each other. This is because they may both try to scan the same files and folders, which could lead to conflicts and errors. Additionally, they may both try to use the same resources, such as CPU and memory, which could slow down your phone.

2) Yes, your phone will be more vulnerable to malware attacks when offline if you disable MI Guard Security. This is because Bitdefender Free Antivirus for Android is cloud-based, which means that it needs to connect to the internet to scan for threats. If you are offline, Bitdefender Free Antivirus for Android will not be able to scan for threats and protect your phone.

3) Bitdefender Antivirus Free for Android ensures that the android device stay clean by automatically scanning any application immediately after its install. This also helps users stay informed and protected whenever they try a new application.

If you need more information, kindly contact the bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/ and scroll down to the bottom of the webpage where you can get in touch with support representative either by email, chat or over a call.

Alternatively, you can also share your query with bitdefender mobile support team by dropping them an email at bms@bitdefender.com

The support team will reply back to your query within next 24-48 hours excluding weekends.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)