Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Certificates not working on bitdefender 27.0.18.96 ?

Options
Petersl
Petersl
edited September 2023 in Install & Updates

When going to a website that has an outdated certificate which I used to always get the bitdefender screen warning no longer seems to work, when I go for example to watercoolingshop.be which is the old url of this site it always triggered the bitdefender warning, I have also tried it with 2 other sites that have an outdated certificate and I don't get the bitdefender warning, one of the sites triggers the firefox warning about the certificate but not bitdefender. I have tested this on 2 pc's installed with bitdefender total security and both don't trigger the warning.

I know watercoolingshop.be is a safe website, they just have an outdated certificate so maybe you guys just whitelisted it? Or it's an issue in the new version of bitdefender 27.0.18.96 as I also have an issue with it when using expressvpn not which I have already made a post about https://community.bitdefender.com/en/discussion/comment/328139

Can you guys confirm this if you whitelisted this site?

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

When i tried to visit watercoolingshop.be, i was redirected to highflow.nl, which works fine for me:

Also, only the anti-malware researchers at Bitdefender Labs can help you with the issue.

You should report the URL(s) as false positive to Bitdefender Labs here:

Regards.

• Petersl
    Petersl
    edited September 2023
    Options

I just checked with 3 friends who also have bitdefender and only one of them gets the bitdefender warning when visiting watercoolingshop.be , the rest and myself get redirected to the new url, does this mean it's broken on the pc's who are not getting the warning?

I'm not getting any certificates warnings of sites that I used to get the warnings for since update 27.0.18.96.

• Hi,

I'm also getting a certificate alert for watercoolingshop.be, however highflow.nl works fine for me.

Best way to find out what's going on is to submit the sample using the link provided by @Gjoksi.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Petersl
    Options

Alexandru_BD

I've reported it as a false positive.

• Good to know @Petersl, thanks for following up! 😉

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user