Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Preventing repeated PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR messages

Options

I have started getting repeated PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR (and earlier some ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED) messages when I first go to websites. After some exploring the only solution I have found is to manually disable "encrypted web scan" under Online Threat Prevention settings (although this seems to rather negate the point of this setting). Once I do this, and turn on protection immediately) I can access a website and pages within it.

Similar behaviour occurs in Firefox and Edge so it is not a browser issue as far I can see. In Edge the message is more Windowsy (and less helpful) -

"Hmmm… can't reach this page It looks like www.xxx.xx closed the connection"

So, can anyone advise a way to stop this behaviour?

Thanks, Mark

Best Answer

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello.

I think that the best option for you is to contact Bitdefender Consumer Support, as the support engineers could take a deeper look at the issue, so do the steps below.

First, take screenshot(s) of the issue,

create a log file on your Windows device using Bitdefender Support Tool, by following these steps:

and

create a connectivity log file, by following these steps:

Next, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail:

with short description of the issue.

After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.

Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshot(s) you already took and the log files you already created in the first step.

Since you are all done, just wait for the support engineers to investigate your issue and find a solution to fix the issue.

Remember that the screenshot(s) and the log files will help a lot to the support engineers for better and faster investigation on your issue and finding a solution.

Regards.

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @MarkWin,

This could be related to a DNS issue. Try to switch to Google DNS and see what happens next. You can follow the steps from this article:

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Thanks for your suggestion but it has not resolved the problem.

• Thanks for your detailed suggestions. I tried following the somewhat complex series of steps but I appeared to hit a problem with the online support system in that the file I thought I needed to upload was too large.

Before trying again I decided to do some more searching and found references to fake-ca.crt - found in /Program Files/Bitdefender/Bitdefender Security/mitm_cache. There were no Bitdefender certificates listed in my browser.

I installed this and the issue appears to have been resolved.