Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Comparing Bitdefenders Identity protection with other offerings

Options

Hi,

I'm a firm believer of Bitdefenders anti-virus offering and have had a family subscription for many years. I'm now looking into the identity protection offerings that Bitdefender has and trying to compare them against current ones I use, trying to merge my solutions into one vendor in order to save costs and ultimately get the best solution for the problem.

I currently have an Experian Credit subscription which allows me to see reports about where my data is being seen and what is being seen, together with options to fix the problems. I also subscribe to Apple+ which also gives me various levels of reporting about my data. And finally as I use 1Password, my subscription with them gives me another report about where my data has been found and what I should do to resolve it.

So as you can see, I have many ways of getting this information. Funnily enough, none of the 3 options I have report similar findings, which can be concerning when I'm spending time trying to resolve the issues. Hence why I am looking at a single solution to hopefully 'catch all'.

With all this information around, I wanted to see why I should choose the Bitdefenders solution over others. Quite a simple question, however I can't really understand an answer by trailing through various review websites to get a full view of what this solution can and can't do. Theres lot of talks about Lifelock and DeleteMe, but nothing that really makes me happy that the Identity protection from Bitdefender is the one I should go for. Can you help?

Finally I'd be more than happy to purchase this as an ongoing subscription similar to the Anti-Virus solution I have with you, but is there anyway to trial this first? I assume pay for a month and then should I not be happy cancel before the second month is due?

Thank you in advance.

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hello @MajicalMaj and thanks for joining us here.

Check if this article answers your questions about Digital Identity Protection:

In addition to this, I'll share a bit more insight on data breaches, as this is a common question we get on these pages and it may help you decide on which service is best suited for your needs.

To find stolen data, DIP scans the dark corners of the web using various methods. Once the data is found, it uses a proprietary system for identity resolution to discover the identity of the breached individual, so it can alert the person about the breach, even if the breach itself includes little or outdated information.

Most commonly, breaches include information about users’ emails, passwords, names and usernames, phone numbers, and physical addresses. Their exposed data creates a snowball effect that ultimately leads to the leak, sale, or trade of entire digital identities on the Dark Web.

Breaches are not necessary found on a specific website. They are in a compilation of usernames, passwords, phone numbers, etc. found in archives or texts on the Dark Web, in general.

The Digital Identity Protection service raises awareness about your Digital Footprint (data exposed in Surface Web) and remediation steps for data breaches (data exposed in Dark Web). However, you would not be able to change the username for a specific website, but you will be informed that in that specific period, data about you has appeared in data lists on the dark web.

This means that you could become victim of a scam. As the purpose is to raise awareness of these breaches and the data involved can be various, there are no mitigation steps for the situation. If the breach was about a password, you could have changed it, but the breach can also involve other types of data, such as phone numers, address, etc. And if these are listed somewhere on the dark corners of the web, there is no possible way to retrieve or delete them from there, because you don't have control over that leaked information.

You might also be interested in the other identity protection offering called Identity Theft Protection. Bitdefender Identity Theft Protection and Bitdefender Digital Identity Protection are not identical. Although some of their functions overlap, such as Dark Web and Social Media monitoring, they target different things. Bitdefender Digital Identity Protection monitors your digital footprint to prevent data breaches and improve your online privacy. On the other hand, Bitdefender Identity Theft Protection focuses on credit monitoring to help you avoid becoming a credit fraud and identity theft victim.

As part of Bitdefender's suite of protection services, Identity Theft Protection monitors your Social Security number (SSN). Smart SSN Tracker intelligently alerts you to all of the names, aliases, and addresses associated with your SSN. If anything looks unfamiliar it could be an indication of fraud. *This service requires a valid Social Security Number and you can find out more information here:

The identity protection services do not have a trial version and the full list of products available to try before purchase can be found at the link below:

Additional information for DIP onboarding and usage can be found here:

Last but not least, we currently have a forum Q&A session with the man responsible for both products and you can ask him anything here:

I hope the information is helpful.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user