Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Game Profile

Options

Hi everyone,

I am confused about how the game profile setting works. After setting it up (manually adding the list of games), do I click on the "slider" so it is blue to use this mode later (automatically), or is that not necessary?

Cheers

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

Open your Bitdefender program, go to Utilities -> Profiles -> Settings, first switch off / disable "Activate profiles automatically" and next switch on / enable "Game Profile".

When Game Profile is activated / enabled you'll see an icon on the Bitdefender interface.

When you'll click on the icon, you will be redirected to the Profiles pane, where you can deactivate / disable the Game Profile function by switching off the slider, as shown in the first picture.

If you switch on / enable "Activate profiles automatically", it means that the Bitdefender program will automatically activate the profile that is right for your device, but it doesn't mean that it would be Game Profile, as it could be Movie Profile, Work Profile or other profile activated by the program.

Regards.

• tterb
    tterb
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hi. I cannot disable game mode! I switch it off, but the icon still shows in the app top right side. I have noticed it turns itself on when I minimize to the system tray.

I don't know why this happens.

After minimizing to the system tray and then reopening it, game mode is set to on.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @tterb,

If the 'Game Mode' does not behave as expected, try to repair Bitdefender by following the steps described in this article:

If the situation persists afterwards, then I think it's a task for the Support engineers to further investigate.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user