Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Issue Report with Bitdefender Free Antivirus v26.0.27.90

Options
bd_usr_mjh11
edited December 2023 in Antivirus Free

I didn't know where to properly report an issue. Please excuse me if this is the incorrect channel.

I had been using BitDefender for about 2 years without an issue.

A few days ago I started noticing issues with my PC (Windows 8.1, non-standard setup: Users, ProgramData on D:, Programs on F:).

The symptoms were: apparent loss of internet access (several times) and incredibly slow performance (2-3 minutes to react to any click or command!) after only a few minutes of PC use, with the sluggishness increasing steadily until work (and shutting down!) became impossible.

One item I noticed several times, on the multiple reboots, was an attempt by BitDefender to access the internet (Crash Reporter or something similar). Generally after that the computer would come to a complete halt (but no BSOD).

That gave me the idea to uninstall BitDefender. Since then the issues have disappeared. I am now using a competitor's product (free version).

Here is my setup:

Athlon Ryzen 3 2200G with Radeon Vega Graphics 3.5GHz & NVIDIA Quadro FX 580

Motherboard ASUS Prime B350M-A

16GB Memory

Windows 8.1 64bit

Windows on C: (SSD)

Users, ProgranData on D:

'Program Files' & 'Program Files(x86)' on F:

Hardware Raid (type 10) for D:, E:, F:

LogiTech cable mouse

2 Monitors

I hope this information finds its way to the development team.

Thanks,

mjh11

Comments