Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How do I search this Category (Guidelines for Product features & Ideation) only?

Options

Guidelines for Product features & Ideation states, "Please do not suggest ideas that were offered before. You can check if an idea has been already submitted, by entering relevant keywords in the search bar."

I had an idea about adding applications to one's Work Profile. But perhaps someone has already offered a similar suggestion? So I searched with keyword, "profiles", but this produced posts from all Categories (subforums, topics). I tried some more specific keyword phrases, but that did not help. There were still too many results to wade through.

How do I search this Category (Guidelines for Product features & Ideation) only?

Tagged:
2 votes

Declined · Last Updated

If Bitdefender does not automatically enter Work Profile when you launch a certain work app, you can manually add the application to the Applications list.

Comments

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    Options

I like that idea, as there have been times even though I hit the Sort by newest, it can be 2-3 pages before I find what I'm looking for. The category drop-down doesn't make sense to me, no real relevant category breakdown?

Otherwise, there is a bit of clicking and ticking to dial it in, Filter it, unless I'm missing something?

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hello @mdwpsyd and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

I think you can search using the relevant keywords and tick the 'ideas' checkbox only. This way, only ideation discussions will be displayed in your search results. Our forum is pretty big and contains tens of thousands of discussions distributed in several categories, thus sometimes it can be a bit challenging to find a particular thread. 😅

The 'category' drop-down filter is not yet set ideally, and we are still working on improving this search filter. Searching only within a topic/category is not yet possible due to some platform limitations at the moment, but we are expecting further developments to take place in this area. A search widget should resolve this. Essentially, we should have the ability to specify whether we want results to be automatically filtered to the category that we are currently on, and then also have the option to see results from the whole community.

If Bitdefender does not automatically enter Work Profile when you launch a certain work app, you can manually add the application to the Applications list:

• Click on the Applications list button.

• Click Add.

• In the new windows, browse to the application’s executable file and select it.

• Click OK to add it to the list.

Let us know if this answers your questions.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Essentially, we should have the ability to specify whether we want results to be automatically filtered to the category that we are currently on, and then also have the option to see results from the whole community.

Exactly. I'm glad you're working on it. 😎