Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can't access my router page - adding an exception tried

Options

Hi, wonder if anyone can help. Can't find any actual Bitdefender support details and a new user.

I cannot get into my router page. The alert in the address bar says it's not secure. I've tried adding an exception but then I can log in on the login page and then the overview page just hangs and none of the menu options can be selected.

Does anyone know what's going on, please? I've not long started with Bitdefender and so getting to know it. I haven't had this problem with a virus program before. The router does auto updates and takes care of itself. We've yet to have a problem with the router and we've had it a couple of years.

Many thanks.

Tagged:

Comments

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @bluedharma,

Does the page have HTTP or HTTPS?  Unlike HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol), HTTPS (safer HTTP Secure standard, HTTPS) is encrypted using Transport Layer Security (TLS), securing communications between your computer and the websites you visit. But we would need to know exactly what the alert says, so we can find out what type of detection it is.

You can add an exception for the Online Threat Prevention module (if you haven't already done this), or temporarily disable the Encrypted web scan feature, located under the same security module, and try to access the page afterwards. You can re-enable this feature once you are done with that page.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

My specs:

OS Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x64 With Latest Windows Updates Installed

Installed On 18.01.2023

OS Build 19045.3930

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0

BD Total Security 27.0.25.116

BD Password Manager 1.3.0 On Google Chrome 120.0.6099.217 x64

uBlock Origin 1.55.0 On Google Chrome 120.0.6099.217 x64

BD Anti-Tracker Not Installed On Google Chrome 120.0.6099.217 x64

Just did a test and i can login to and access my router's page without any problems:

Regards.

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    Options

Also, if you have Anti-tracker enabled on your browser toolbar, try disabling it, refresh the webpage it and see if that helps.

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/