Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Why Bitdefender blocking my company website

Options
BorisK
BorisK Mr.
edited January 31 in General Topics

Hi.

I have problem with access to our company website [*url removed by @Flexx*] .I get information that Bitdefender blocked access to the dangerous page. Our developers checked the code and there is no malicious code?!? How to find why Bitdefender blocked our page? I see that issue is likely on [*url removed by @Flexx*], but why?

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited January 31 Answer ✓
    Options

If you believe that a website or file has been incorrectly blocked by Bitdefender, you can share the details with our malware researchers by filling out the form at the link provided below: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/29358/

If the website or file is indeed incorrectly blocked, the detection will be removed within a maximum of 72 hours. However, if the detection still persists after 72 hours, please consider the website or file as malicious, as determined by our malware researchers, and the detection will remain.

Additionally, I do not see the website getting blocked by Bitdefender.

@Alexandru_BD can you confirm the same.

Regards 

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @BorisK,

Based on my findings, it was a false positive for malware. I don't have access to more information regarding the detection, since these details are only visible for the Bitdefender Labs. In the unlikely event that this happens again in the future, you may ask them directly, or follow up on the existing case, if you wish.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited February 1 Answer ✓
    Options

You're welcome. I totally understand the frustration and I know this can be a major inconvenience.

I'm sorry you had to go through that and I'm glad to hear it has been corrected.

And yes, Bitdefender Support will always provide assistance and we can also help on the forum.

Thank you for your patience and understanding @BorisK.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

Answers

• BorisK
    Options

Hi

@Flexx, thank you for your answer. I already share as false positive information with researchers around 2h ago. Last 30 minutes I see that website is not blocked by Bitdefender anymore. Anyhow, I would like to know why this happened and what was the reason. We received a lot of calls from our customers because they stopped to visit our site, and of course in that way we are loosing money. It is interesting that only a few AV vendors blocked our site but nobody tell us what was the trigger for that. How to get this info?

Regards

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

@Alexandru_BD is an employee of Bitdefender and the administrator of this community forum. He can get in touch with the malware research team to obtain information on why your company website was blocked in the first place. Kindly wait for his reply.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• BorisK
    Options

@Flexx , thank you for your fast response and explanation. I hope I will get some explanation from @Alexandru_BD .

• BorisK
    Options

Hi @Alexandru_BD

Thank you for your answer and explanation. Yeah, ...I hoped that I will get some detailed informations, but I understand you. It is very frustrating, because our company earn money with selling on this website and you know how customers react when they receive message that access to website is blocked because of possible malware. They "run" away.

I hope this will not happens again, but if it will I know there is support which response fast ;-)

Thank you again for cooperation