Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

My PC has crashed during a bitdefender system scan.

Options

How do I get my laptop to run Bitdefender as my main machine?

I have Bitdefender on my laptop as one of my 5 devices.

Answers

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Worlad ,

Welcome to the Bitdefender Forums. I don't understand your question. The Subject states your PC crashed during a System Scan. We would welcome more information (make, model, specs of the PC) and the Operating System to be able to help you.

Perhaps it is stupid of me to ask, but did you reboot the computer and try again? Has the PC ever run a system scan successfully before? Which Bitdefender product are you using?

We are here to help, but we need more information from you.

We await your reply. Thank you, and have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• Worlad
    Options

Thank you for the response.

I run on a HP slimline Pro. Windows 10.

I have ran Bitdefender for at least 7 years during which time, i have ran regular system scans. However my last scan was running for 24 hours. I stopped the scan running and closed the computer down.

On restarting the computer I get no response, other than fan running.

I cannot get into the computer at all.

I need help in switching Bitdefender to my laptop whilst I source a new PC.

😯

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited February 8
    Options

Hello @Worlad,

Please tell me if the scan always crashes at the same point (such as scanning a particular file/folder)? If you can identify this, run a contextual scan on that folder and tell us if the scan still crashes. A Support Tool log (taken when the error occurs) should reveal more information about this. This article shows how to create a debug log on your PC using Bitdefender Support Tool. The Bitdefender Support Tool utility is used by the Bitdefender support team to diagnose and troubleshoot Bitdefender installation failures or product issues on Windows computers. The tool gathers logs and product usage information, necessary for further investigation:

But can you access the device at all? You've mentioned earlier that you cannot get into the computer at all. There could be multiple causes behind this and all we can do is to make assumptions at this point, based on the information you have provided so far. Did you previously install anything new on your device, or did it update recently, or was there an infection present on the device before this happened? Further information may be required in order to establish an accurate diagnosis, and for this reason I would recommend to contact the Support teams for further assistance. They will request the Support Tool log, however. You can reach them using the link below:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Scroll down to state your contact reason, then choose from the available contact channels, chat, phone and email/ticket. Chat would be the fastest way to reach them.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Alexandru_BD ,

On restarting the computer I get no response, other than fan running.

I cannot get into the computer at all.

It sounds like @Worlad suffered a catastrophic hardware failure, which is why the System Scan crashed. If I am understanding correctly, he cannot supply logs because he cannot start the computer.

He can go to his Bitdefender Central account and deactivate protection for the deceased computer, and when he gets his new computer, he can install his BD product from his Central account.

Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

indeed @garioch7, that seems to be the case from where I'm standing as well.. let's see if @Worlad follows up with more details and I hope we can help him further. Thanks for jumping in. 👌

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user