Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Is Rescue Environment Necessary?

Options

Hello I recently did a full system scan and it found, as well as resolved, two issues. On the notifications page it states:

Full System Scan completed. All infected items were resolved. We recommend you to boot in Rescue Environment to solve the issue.

At first I tried running the Rescue Environment scan, but at 16 hours I decide to cut it. Is it still necessary for me to run a "Rescue Environment" Scan?

Best Answer

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Reasons to consider Rescue Environment after a full scan:

1. Deep Scan Capabilities: The Rescue Environment boots your system into a minimal environment, bypassing potentially infected processes and files that run in the normal Windows environment. This allows for a deeper scan than a standard scan can achieve.
    2. Hidden Threats: Certain malware can be designed to hide from traditional scans or disguise itself as legitimate processes. The Rescue Environment's dedicated scanning tools can better detect such threats.
    3. Rootkits and Boot Sector Infections: These types of malware can embed themselves deep within your system, potentially evading a regular scan. The Rescue Environment might be able to identify and remove them.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)