Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Why is this placeholder text under my Protection Features?

Options

Using Bitdefender Total Security. On the Protection Features tab of the interface, the various tools have the following text underneath them:

"_Lorum ipsum dolor sit amet...etc."

Now, I know this is common placeholder text but why would Bitdefender be using it in their interface? It feels really half-baked and/or like something is wrong. I even uninstalled and reinstalled to see if there would be any change.

Tagged:

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    Options

Simply, looks like a bug. I don't know in particular this initialization code, but it looks something is not reading status/initialization properly aand the interface remains in a pending state.

Forwarded to the appropriate guys right now.

• I too am having the same issue with placeholder text. I reinstalled and its still having an issue. It's also all over my privacy features page as well.

• Esayz
    Options

Having the same issue with my install. Uninstalled and reinstalled as well. Also does not save the quick actions(and removed the ones I had). Cant run One-Click Optimizer either(2nd screen).

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    Options

Is there a support ticket opened about this issue? (I asked the support team as well about this).

• Esayz
    Options

Yeah, I definitely failed on that one... Just sent everything over to Daniela on the support team. Everything works from Central, but nothing from the actual application on Windows. Its odd.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

To add here, for everyone encountering this, do you have the English pack installed on the device where Bitdefender is installed? One user mentioned that after the update from Windows 10 to 11 the English language was not available anymore. After they downloaded this language pack for Windows, Bitdefender was working properly again. If the issue persists, the best way to move forward would be to get in touch with the Support teams for further investigation.

We got another fresh report here:

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Struis
    Options

Hey,

I'm getting the exact same bug. Cannot start scans, cant do anything basically.

Do have a support ticket but the support tool doesn't seem to be working either.

Hope my device is protected with this going on :/

Regards,

Joost

• Esayz
    Options

Hey Joost,

Support advised installing the language pack manually and it fixed my issue(if on Windows). My computer was protected the whole time—

Open Settings: Click on the Start button in the taskbar, then click on the Settings (gear icon) to open the Settings app.

Navigate to Language Settings: In the Settings app, click on "Time & language" from the options.

Choose Language: In the Time & language settings, select "Language" from the left sidebar.

Add a Language: Under the "Preferred languages" section, click on "Add a language".

Search for English: Type "English" in the search box or scroll down to find English.

Select English Language: Click on the English language you prefer (for example, "English (United States)") to select it.

Install Language: After selecting English, click on the "Next" button, then click on "Install" to start the installation process.

Set as Default: Once installed, click on the English language you just installed, then click on "Set as default" to make it the default display language for your Windows 11 system.

Restart Your PC: After setting the English language as the default, you may be prompted to restart your computer for the changes to take effect. If not, it's recommended to restart your PC manually

i hope that resolves your issue as well!

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Esayz and thank you very much for sharing your findings here. This will definitely help other users who may encounter this. 👍️

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user