Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

reCapture Issues at Checkout

Options

Hi, I have recently started experiencing issues at checkout with reCapture. I select everything correctly, move to payment, then when directed back to the Submit button, I have to go through reCaputre again. This is a constant. I cannot move past this. It has only occurred in the last two weeks.

Internet searches advise to turn off my VPN which I do not want to do. Chrome version is up to date and I don't mess Proxy Server settings. Basically everything designed for protection is now suddenly preventing checkout.

Any ideas on how to rectify this as I buy a lot on-line.

Thank you

Ronelle

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

If you have Bitdefender Anti-Tracker installed and enabled, follow the steps from this article:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/28500/

If you have Bitdefender VPN installed and enabled, follow the steps from these articles:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/13353/

and/or

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/30765/

Regards.

• Ronelle
    Options

Hi, Thank you for your reply.

I did try this however I am still having issues.

I tick I am human, click on the right images, get the green tick, click on Pay Now button, then get the red outline and Complete the CAPTCHA to continue message. I just go round in circles. Different payment options (credit card, paypal, afterpay) do not make any difference.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you.

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited May 9
    Options

Hello,

While reCAPTCHA does have benefits and reduces spam registrations and API requests keeping them at bay, and brings a seamless experience from the user’s perspective, it can sometimes become frustrating when it doesn't work as expected. The most frequently encountered error is this one: ‘Cannot contact reCAPTCHA. Check your connection and try again’. Google reCAPTCHA may block you because of a high number of requests from your network, which can be because you’re on a public network or using any VPN/Proxy services. There can be several reasons behind its failure, including outdated browsers, VPN/Proxy services, blacklisted IPs, corrupted browser profile, malicious extensions, malware infections and so on. Obviously, we cannot know the exact reasons based solely on the information available in your post, but you need to start somewhere, so I would recommend the following steps:

1. Ensure that you're entering the characters correctly. Sometimes CAPTCHAs are case-sensitive or require specific characters like numbers or symbols.
    2. Try refreshing the CAPTCHA
    3. Try using the audio alternative if available.
    4. Try disabling any extensions or plugins and see if the CAPTCHA works properly.
    5. Try using a different device to see if the problem persists.
    6. Clear your browser's cache and cookies
    7. Make sure you have a stable internet connection
    8. Ensure that you are using the latest version of the browser/exchange or update browsers
    9. If you are using a VPN or a Proxy service, try accessing the page without it. The issue is common amongst the free VPNs/Proxies because the proxy servers are blacklisted by Google due to malicious usage.
    10. Change the IP address of your machine. You can follow these steps to reset your IP address:

Press (Win Key+R) to Open Run, enter “cmd” in the textbox, and click on OK.

1. In the command prompt, enter the following commands one by one and press enter key.
      • netsh winsrock reset
      • netsh int ip reset
      • ipconfig /release
      • ipconfig /renew
    2. This will reset your IP, and the reCAPTCHA may work again.

If you've tried all the above steps and still can't get the CAPTCHA to work, contact the website's support team for assistance. They may be able to provide further guidance or offer an alternative method for verification.

I hope the information is helpful.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited May 9
    Options

@Alexandru_BD #9 is usually the issue for me, and rightly shown in bold text. 9 times out of 10, it's the VPN causing the problem, at least in my case. @Ronelle unfortunately, VPNs can and do get flagged and can cause issues like this.

At times my bank would send me an email asking me to verify if it was me trying to login, at times doing a Google search I would get a page from Google asking me to check a box to prove that I'm legit to proceed. I'm finding myself using a VPN less and less. But, it's a personal comfort, privacy decision :)

My thought is since you know the page is safe, and it is encrypted already (HTTPS) is just pause the VPN, finish your work on that website, then reenable your VPN.

Kind regards.

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/