Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Youtube Player Freezes When Bitdefender Active

moronto
edited September 2011 in Antivirus

Hello, after reading numerous positive reviews on the web, I decided to give BitDefender 2012 a go.

I've installed the trial version but I've ran into an issue; when I try to change the volume on Youtube's flash player, entire browser (Google Chrome) freezes for a couple of seconds.

Is there any way to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance

[EDIT]

I've just checked, this also happens in Mozilla Firefox.

Comments

• I have the same problem with youtube

In the beginning it freezes for serveral seconds while the sounds goes on normal (like it should be)

Also using Chrome btw

• I have the same problem with youtube

In the beginning it freezes for serveral seconds while the sounds goes on normal (like it should be)

Also using Chrome btw

Update: I noticed this stops happening when I uncheck Active virus control in the settings...

• Update: I noticed this stops happening when I uncheck Active virus control in the settings...

Try adding your browser (Chrome?) to the Exclusion list at Settings-->Antivirus-->Exclusions-->Excluded files and folders and test if that allows you to play videos with AVC set to ON.

Regards,

• Update: I noticed this stops happening when I uncheck Active virus control in the settings...

Thanks, but i think there should be another solution, as i think 'Active virus control' should be ON

Try adding your browser (Chrome?) to the Exclusion list at Settings-->Antivirus-->Exclusions-->Excluded files and folders and test if that allows you to play videos with AVC set to ON.

Regards,

When i try to do that (adding chrome), it says 'Select a valid executable file'

What should i do? or what have i done wrong :P

• Same problem here, just locks first 3-4 seconds...

Does adding a browser to your exceptions not give you an open door for virus etc to come in though?

Should it not just be fixed in the software, as I have found several mentions of this problem in the forim.

Will there be a product updgrade which fixes this issue?

Am currently still on trial and this is a major issue for me, as I don't like it slowing doewn overall system performance.

Hope to get an update on this soon, thanks..

• Yeah I also have this problem. Thank God I'm not the only one!

Using the trial BitDefender Antivirus Plus 2012 and google chrome.

I'm worried about adding it to the exclusion list for fear of it opening a door for viruses to flood in, though I'm no tech genius. Can someone confirm whether this is the case or just an irrational worry?

• Yeah I also have this problem. Thank God I'm not the only one!

Using the trial BitDefender Antivirus Plus 2012 and google chrome.

I'm worried about adding it to the exclusion list for fear of it opening a door for viruses to flood in, though I'm no tech genius. Can someone confirm whether this is the case or just an irrational worry?

No worries. AVC detects potentially harmful application programs running on your PC based on their behavior. Adding the program to the Exclusion list simply bypasses this check, saying you trust the program. You are still protected from viruses by BD's real time protection, antiphishing, privacy control, etc.

Regards,

• Awesome! - Is this something Bit Defender will fix soon without the need to do the exclusion check for chrome?

No worries. AVC detects potentially harmful application programs running on your PC based on their behavior. Adding the program to the Exclusion list simply bypasses this check, saying you trust the program. You are still protected from viruses by BD's real time protection, antiphishing, privacy control, etc.

Regards,

• Update:

Added Google Chrome exe to excluded file list and excluded processes list. Also added the entire Chrome folder to excluded files and folders list.

Despite all this, the problem remains. Any other ideas? Its blooming annoying.

• Update:

Added Google Chrome exe to excluded file list and excluded processes list. Also added the entire Chrome folder to excluded files and folders list.

Despite all this, the problem remains. Any other ideas? Its blooming annoying.

Same here with firefox.

Problem remains

• Hello,

Please check the topic below and let me know if the issue persist after the last update performed.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=120336

Regards,

• Hello,

Please check the topic below and let me know if the issue persist after the last update performed.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=120336

Regards,

Seeing that the update language says 'English'...Will i be able to update my Dutch edition of BD ?

I've 'Update Now' so i assume i got al the latest updates, did it more than 1 time :P

But for me, the problem is still there... :(

• Hoi Jon,

The fix will be released for Dutch versions, I believe during next week.

• Hoi Jon,

The fix will be released for Dutch versions, I believe during next week.

I've got english version, and problem its still there...

very annoying

• I can't confirm whether that update works because when i click 'update', nothing happens. I currently have Version: 15.0.27.322, not Version: 15.0.27.338.

• I can't confirm whether that update works because when i click 'update', nothing happens. I currently have Version: 15.0.27.322, not Version: 15.0.27.338.

What language version of BD do you have installed?

Regards,

• English

What language version of BD do you have installed?

Regards,

• Can anyone help? this problem is still here and its annoying.

• Hello Kieran.Driver,

I can't confirm whether that update works because when i click 'update', nothing happens.

What do you mean by this?

Are you clicking Update now from the tray icon menu, or from BitDefender's interface? If clicking from the tray icon, indeed, there isn't any feedback (it just checks and updates in the background). If clicking from the interface, you should see the button changing to Stop, and the update status changing to Checking.

Are you receiving signature updates, or doesn't the update function at all? Please check the Events -> Update to see any stored events on this matter.

Also, please go to the BitDefender installation folder (by default, it's C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2012\) and check if you have any files with the .upd extension. If you do, it means that there are some product updates that were downloaded, but they were not applied, because this requires a system restart. Try restarting your system and check if the update applies (check the version number in About and also check if any .upd files remain in the installation folder).

Please post back the results.

Cris.

• Hello,

Cris: no need to see the logs anymore bro :)

Everyone: The fix has been released with the new build resolving this issue. Check the details in the 'Updates' forum section as usual. Confirm in this topic if the issue is resolved including a ticket ID if you have one created by me or one of my colleagues.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry121756

Kind regards,

• Maaz
    edited September 2011

Hi Dan.

This morning I saw there was an update as BD started installing massive file.

Took a look at your update thread here and saw there was an update released taking care of the freeze issue.

I installed the update and did a reboot, however problem is still there.

It now manifests itself most if you open a youtube clip, watch it for a while and then click on one of the clips on the right hand side (the related clips)

The full lag is there again.

So unfortunately the problem still persists.

Maybe it is an idea to revert eryone in the general section (10 sec video lag thread) to this section and close that one as now we have 2 threads seeming to discuss the same problem.

Hope to see a solution soon.

Thanks,

edit.. just to be sure I did a full power down, waited a bit and powered up again.

Issue is still there, even on first youtube video you watch.

This is really disapointing, I can't believe there is no way for you guys to replicate this as it is so obvious.

Isn't the development team experiencing lag on youtube?

Massive problem, 14 days left on trial...doesn't look too good to be honest.

• nikki605
    edited September 2011

Good idea Maaz. I will close this topic and direct everyone to post in this topic:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=27873

I also pinned it to the top of the General sub-forum.

Regards,

This discussion has been closed.