Safepay Not Working With Some Banks

I have been using Safepay for quite a long time without any problems, I have Firefox as my default browser, I thought that Firefox was running a bit slow so I hit the restore to default settings as I thought it may freshen it up a bit. The problem I now have is that Safepay will work with some banking sites but not my main bank which I use most of the time. If I manually open safepay and type in the URL it will work, but if I try and open via Firefox via a shortcut on my destop it does not open up Safepay even though it is bookmarked in Safepay, it is like some thing has happened to Firefox after restoring to default settings. As a test the particular bank in question will automatically open Safepay if I use Internet Explorer or Chrome. I prefer to use Firefox any thoughts on why the one Bank will now not automatically open using Firefox. Appreciate your thoughts.

Comments

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    I have been using Safepay for quite a long time without any problems, I have Firefox as my default browser, I thought that Firefox was running a bit slow so I hit the restore to default settings as I thought it may freshen it up a bit. The problem I now have is that Safepay will work with some banking sites but not my main bank which I use most of the time. If I manually open safepay and type in the URL it will work, but if I try and open via Firefox via a shortcut on my destop it does not open up Safepay even though it is bookmarked in Safepay, it is like some thing has happened to Firefox after restoring to default settings. As a test the particular bank in question will automatically open Safepay if I use Internet Explorer or Chrome. I prefer to use Firefox any thoughts on why the one Bank will now not automatically open using Firefox. Appreciate your thoughts.

Well, there are quite a number of things here to investigate.

Let me forward this to a colleague from testing so he can take a look.

It might be possible that he will enter on thread and ask you more details - hope you don't mind - so we can track this down.

Regards,

Cristian

• Moldoveanu Marius
    Moldoveanu Marius Senior QA Engineer ✭✭✭

Hello and thank you for your time to allocate for this issue,

what I would need is in order to see if we can reproduce the issue:

- Operating system and service pack number

- Firefox version

- Bitdefender version and what product it is (Total security, Internet security..)

- The bank`s website address

Also any reproduction method is welcomed.

Thank you again,

Marius Moldoveanu

• Hello and thank you for your time to allocate for this issue,

what I would need is in order to see if we can reproduce the issue:

- Operating system and service pack number

- Firefox version

- Bitdefender version and what product it is (Total security, Internet security..)

- The bank`s website address

Also any reproduction method is welcomed.

Thank you again,

Marius Moldoveanu

Hi Marius

I have just installed Bitdefender and activated Safepay. I have the same problem as Drewie. It works fine with IE and Chrome, switching in when I attempt to access my nominated bank domains from those browsers - not so from Firefox.

I am running Windows 7 HomePremium, Service Pack 1, Firefox 30.0 and Bitdefender Total Security 2014. I have tried it on two other computers networked to this one running Vista and XP respectively. Same result in Vista, but it worked in XP! Any suggestions?

Two other questions: 1) I can't paste URLs into Safepay, which would be much easier than typing. Is that intended? (If so, why?)

2) How can I export Safepay bookmarks from one computer to another?

Regards

BlueMountHall