Firewall & Other Problems

Molari
edited November 2016 in General

Hello Bitdefender. I read the rules quickly and I want to apologize if I unknowingly break any other rules and hope you don't ban this old geezer. The forum rules sound very very strict, threatening and hostile, which is why I apologize ahead and hope that I don't lose money for the hostile "enviroment" that seems to be here that I just learned reading the rules..

Here is a discription of my system.

64 bit Windows 10

One of the problems. We used to be able to scan directly from our printer scanner before renewing our bitdefender. It is a Brother MFC-J430W model.

We renewed from Bitdefender Total Internet Security 2016 to Bitdefender Total Security Multi-Device 2017.

Since then, whenever we try to scan a document the printer/scanner says (No connection). We searched on the Brother site and updated the software. we still can't scan from the printer but we can scan from the PC with the printer software (Control Center). After searching, it is suspected that Bitdefender firewall was preventing the printer/scanner wi-fi from connecting. I don't see where we can temporary turn off Bitdefender firewall nor how tyo make the firewall accept the wifi signal from the printer/scanner.

----------------------- problem 2.

When I renewed bitdefender from Bitdefender Total Internet Security 2016 to Bitdefender Total Security Multi-Device 2017, if I click on "About", a little popup appears and says I am still using the Total Internet Security 2016.

Yet when I renwed, I went to my profile here at Bitdefender and enter correctly the code to renew. But it says 2016. Do I have to uninstall Bitdefender and re-install it?

Also, I am getting regular emails that says my Total Internet Security 2016 has expired and need to renew... what is going on or what am I doing wrong? Had to redo this post since the forum seem to time me out here and sign me out beofre I had a chance to post and had to take another 20 mins to write and post. Any way to stop from being signed out here?. Again I apolozize if I broke a rule..please don't ban me. Thanks ahead for help and your understanding. I will keep an eye here for any questions you may have. Also, is there a suggestion section here that? Again thanks and Kind regards

Tagged:

Comments

• Hello,

Sarcastic remarks at the forum rules/support might just bring that "hostile environment" you keep insisting on. No rule is added without a strong reason or a backstory. 

Regardless this is not the place for this kind of discussion and I hope you will understand.

Even though you have renewed your subscription you need to uninstall the old 2016 and install the 2017 version from Central just like you did for the 2016 version.

I would strongly advise using the Bitdefender Uninstall Tool too ensure a clean system for a clean install of the 2017 version.

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/KnowledgeBase/file/Bitdefender_2017_UninstallTool.exe

As for the printer/scanner issue, please ensure your adapters are set as Home/Office with Stealth OFF and Generic ON. Should the issue persist afterwards add the printer's IP to he Firewall exclusion list and you should no longer encounter any issues with it.

• Sorin: "Sarcastic remarks at the forum rules/support might just bring that "hostile environment" you keep insisting on. No rule is added without a strong reason or a backstory."

-----------------------

Well Son, since you seem very offended and ticked off and being an , you may ban me now. 

Thanks for the screen capture opportunity to capture your undiplomatic comments.

I may of wasted $ for giving a my polite point of view when reading all your "NOT"s like in a concentration camp but I can assure you your unprofessional attitude will be posted. And I don't care if you don't give a . You brought this on yourself. You seriously believe I am afraid to lose money with your stinky attitude? Regards