Safeplay and no Adobe Flash due to Firefox

I am brand new to Bitdefender. I was checking out safepay and noticed that some content on my sites would not load or links wouldn't work. When I looked into it, seems that the problem is that Safepay requires Adobe Flashplayer to work. Earlier this year though, Mozilla Firefox stopped supporting Adobe Flashplayer and NPAPI applications, so I can't install it to my system. So how am I to get Safepay to work without Adobe Flashplayer? Are they working on fixing this?

Comments

• 20 hours ago, txphoenix71 said:

I am brand new to Bitdefender. I was checking out safepay and noticed that some content on my sites would not load or links wouldn't work. When I looked into it, seems that the problem is that Safepay requires Adobe Flashplayer to work. Earlier this year though, Mozilla Firefox stopped supporting Adobe Flashplayer and NPAPI applications, so I can't install it to my system. So how am I to get Safepay to work without Adobe Flashplayer? Are they working on fixing this?

Hey there,

Safepay is a browser completely separated from the operating system. It is there to allow you to do shopping online without leaving any risks when it comes to your credit card information. Safepay will not load objects which are not needed in the purchase process in order to avoid any possible vulnerabilities/information leaks. Also it is not possible to add any plugins due to the same reason.

My advice would be to add bookmarks of your favourite online stores/markets in it and only use Safepay for that.

• Thanks Alex for the advice. My concern is that some banking sites may use flash. The Safepay browser has flash integration built into it and will inform you if you do not have it and suggest that you download the latest Adobe Flashplayer with NPAPI. The problem is that since Firefox stopped accepting NPAPI and Adobe Flashplayer, you cannot install it to your computer. I've tried to install it only to IE but the Download fails for some reason, I suppose related to Firefox rejecting it. The download attempts to install itself into all browsers or none I guess. Safepay does not allow you to install apps directly to it, but it requires it to run flash content. My guess is that Safeplay either has the ability to access it on demand from your program files or Safepay may be based on Mozilla Code and automatically plugs it in from Firefox. I noticed that there are some people in other countries that have questioned this too when I searched this forum for similar issues. They actually asked when or if Safepay was going to adapt its code to handle flash on its own without the Adobe Flash plugin like Firefox has done. So far no one has responded to their questions either. For the time being I am not using Safepay anyway, because of this issue and also because I chose not to use the Bitdefender Wallet for my passwords, as I use another password manager that I like better.