COMMUNITY UPGRADE

Step 1 - clean-up of all spam posts & accounts.
Step 2 - new content developement
Step 3 - visual overhaul

Bitdefender Services are not responding

Comments

• Same issue on laptop and desktop at login - cannot get through to support via chat or phone.

• So what is a good alternative to buy?

• Same issue with Bitdefender Internet Security 2018

• 8 minutes ago, Titang said:

Same problem here. Happened pretty much at the same time.

Same problem after update

• Same problem.

Live support chat unavailable for last hour despite from web site.

"Our knowledgeable technicians are at your disposal 24/7! We're here to answer any question and resolve any technical issue you may be experience"

• Same problem here.

• 2 minutes ago, Rick2wise said:

So what is a good alternative to buy?

not many, nod32 was talked about in here earlier, but if you look how effective it is vs bitdefender, bitdefender is better, this is the first time i have seen bitdefender put out a bad update in all the years i've dealt with them

• Free version bitdefender, also stopped working, after the next update!

• No mention on their twitter feed as of about 5 minutes ago.  

• 2 minutes ago, Rick2wise said:

The question is, can you name any antivirus that hasn't had a bad update at some time?

• Same problem, and can't get through to support!

• 3 minutes ago, Rick2wise said:

I used Kaspersky before. BestBuy dropped them because of the whole russia thing, which is too bad. However, I think they still have more credibility than some other options.

Eset was one of my favorites, but they don't seem as good as they once were. McAfee is not my first choice but that is what I have switched to at the moment until I decide whether to go back to Kaspersky. Bitdefender is out for sure now.

• Having the same issue. I've tried contacting them every way possible until I found this thread. There are a few people posting about it on their Facebook page too. This is my first issue with their software, but this is a big problem. I hope they at least acknowledge the problem exists very soon. Customers do not like being left in the dark.

• RonRRonR
    edited February 2018

Same issue on Win 7. Same problem with BD tech support - NO info on this.

FWIW, I have done a System Restore back to a few days ago, this fixed the immediate problem and BD is now running again. I haven't received any Windows updates since that restore point, so the problem must be with BD and some recent update in the past 24 hours or so.

Problem now is that Windows 7 Action Center is claiming that "Bitdefender reports that it is turned off", when it clearly is not - the BD icon is correct, reports that I'm in 'Autopilot mode', and the BD main screen comes up correctly, showing I'm 'protected', when I click the icon's "Show" menu option. However, the BD now screen reads (as of 4 minutes ago) that "Update requires a restart", which I'm not about to do, since I believe this will just re-start the cycle.

p.s. interestingly, I have the same BD product running on a Win10 system alongside this one. No issues there and no update pending... %-\

• Same issues. Sent an email to customer services, I renewed my subscription few days ago and want a full refund. Uninstalled BD. Installed Norton for time being.

• Happening to me as well.......... so if it can't run, how will it update when they fix it?

• Just now, Imidis said:

I used Kaspersky before. BestBuy dropped them because of the whole russia thing, which is too bad. However, I think they still have more credibility than some other options.

Eset was one of my favorites, but they don't seem as good as they once were. McAfee is not my first choice but that is what I have switched to at the moment until I decide whether to go back to Kaspersky. Bitdefender is out for sure now.

first bad update in years and people cry like its the biggest thing in the world, how many times has windows put out bad updates and people still use them, how many times has apple put out bad updates and people still use them, every anti-virus has put out a bad update at some point.

• 2 minutes ago, Chris-G said:

The question is, can you name any antivirus that hasn't had a bad update at some time?

The question here to ask, have you had a bad update that left all your systems completely unprotected? No I must be lucky, because in my 20+ years, I do not recall an update that left ANY systems open.

• edited February 2018

Started with same issue about 30 minutes ago for me also, so really nice having zero protection and how does one update if the thing keeps crashing.

• Same problems as per everybody else.

• edited February 2018

The fact that even firewall went offline is - at least for me - a good reason to dump BD for good.

• Same problem. Not able to restart the software either. Windows 10 - 64X

• edited February 2018

just re-started one of my computers and BitDefender appears to be working again. Going to start re-starting all my computers.

EDIT: All my computers are running Bitdefender now after restarting.

• 2 minutes ago, Chris-G said:

I take your point but I what is really bothering me is the lack of any announcements - Having to dig through these comments to find out its a known issue.  Not being to use a system safely costs money.

• Same problem on 1 Win10Pro machine but for the moment the other is solid. This is unacceptable to say the least. 5 restarts, 1 re-install with no improvement.

• 3 minutes ago, Imidis said:

The question here to ask, have you had a bad update that left all your systems completely unprotected? No I must be lucky, because in my 20+ years, I do not recall an update that left ANY systems open.

Exactly.

• Just got this from them thing  is how does one get it too update when its not working?

'This is a currently known situation and has been just addressed with an update.

Please wait another 10-15 minutes and right click the upload.png icon in your system tray and click the "Update" option. 

Please allow the update a couple of minutes to finish ( you will not get any feedback from the product).

Once the icon in your system tray turns red please restart your device.

If the icon does not turn red on it's own please restart the device.

Please let us know afterwards if you encounter any further errors.'

• Same - Windows10

• 1 minute ago, Rick2wise said:

I take your point but I what is really bothering me is the lack of any announcements - Having to dig through these comments to find out its a known issue.  Not being to use a system safely costs money.

think about it before you cry about it, every agent and employee is probably busy, their phone systems are so backed up people cant get through, their online chat is the same thing, they are working quick to fix the update, can you say the same thing about any other software developer? i've seen microsoft put out updates making computers unbootable and it takes them days to fix it.

• edited February 2018

DELETED

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.