Age of Empires: Definitive Edition problem

Age of Empires: Definitive Edition came out today on Steam and it seems like a game that has a lot of issues with AV software. More specifically; after playing a game for a few minutes the game will suddenly stop en give this warning: a running process may hinder the correct execution of Age of Empires Definitive Edition. This may be a process of an anti virus software, malware, another game or another running process on your PC. For more information please visit www.ageofempires.com/support

The link suggests adding AOE to the Firewall's whitelist but that doesn't solve the problem in my case. However, many people do claim the problem is over once their Bitdefender or other third party AV is uninstalled. It would be nice if Bitdefender could detect this game its presence and white-list it from whatever is causing the issues; even though it's probably the game it's dodgy coding that causes AV software to trip. Is there any chance this could be done?

Comments

• Hi,

Have you tried to disable the Bitdefender modules and check if the warning is not displayed while a specific module is disabled? If not, please disable each Bitdefender module and let us know the results.

• The problem resolved itself. I think a game update fixed the problem but I'm not sure.