Catalina Compatibility

Catalina is just released.  May I ask if Bitdefender Mac is compatible with Catalina?

Comments

• Hello,

Yes, we are compatible with the official version of Catalina.

• After updating Mac OS to Catalina, virus scan and virus database update functions are disabled. How can I fix this problem?

Schermata 2019-10-13 alle 18.36.14.png

• Hello,

Have you added BDLDaemon to Full Disk Access? What do you mean by are disabled?

• BDLDaemon has full disk access.

As you can see from the image I posted Sunday, when I click on the Actions menu all the four options (the three scan options and the manual database update option) are light grey, so they are impossible to click.

I can still launch a scan directly from Bitdefender panel, but it's impossible to perform a manual database update.

• Hello,

Please tell us if you can perform a manual update for Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac by pressing the following combination: Command key + U.

Thank you!

• 16 hours ago, Anisoara S. said:

Hello,

Please tell us if you can perform a manual update for Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac by pressing the following combination: Command key + U.

Thank you!

No, it’s impossible.

Seems that only automatic updates work.

• Hello,

In this case, please send us an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com with a detailed description of the situation and the screenshot from this thread.

Please include also a Bdprofiler in the email - https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1863/

Thank you!

• On 10/18/2019 at 1:49 PM, Anisoara S. said:

Hello,

In this case, please send us an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com with a detailed description of the situation and the screenshot from this thread.

Please include also a Bdprofiler in the email - https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1863/

Thank you!

I have downloaded the BDProfiler.tool, but when I opened it nothing happened (i.e. Terminal window didn't open). It was impossibile to complete the process.

• I am trying to troubleshoot as it does not operate on Catalina even in May 2020, but the BDProfiler tool is also not working as it is expected too (As shown in the video)

Could you please help?