Suspicious .tmp file blocking after downloading unsafe program

Hello,

I downloaded and installed a program on September 8th that turned out to possibly be not so safe. I can provide a link to where I downloaded it on request. I don't want to post that immediately since I'm not sure what the rules on that are.

I removed the program the same day and did a full system scan with both Malwarebytes and Bitdefender the day after which came back clean, but as of a few days ago I started getting some strange notifications in Bitdefender, as follows:

Sept 17th, 2:30am: Bitdefender Antivirus successfully blocked an infected file in my AppData\Local\Temp folder that was infected with JS:Trojan:Cryxos.2843.

Sept 18th, 10:26pm: Bitdefender Antivirus detected and deleted an infected file in my AppData\Local\Temp folder

Sept 21st, 23 hours ago (7am-ish): Bitdefender Antivirus detected and deleted an infected file in my AppData\Local\Temp folder

I ran a couple subsequent scans after the first two times with Malwarebytes and Bitdefender on the Temp folder that came back clean (and am currently in the process of another full system scan with Bitdefender), but obviously I'm concerned about something being missed. Is there any more deep cleaning I can do? Some help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Comments